Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think about the Batfamily Rebirth line so far?

Did you like it? Enjoyed it? Or were you disappointed?

Share your opinions here.

Pleasantly surprised. Most everything I have read has been enjoyable. No real complaints in my corner.

Kind of disappointed so far to be honest.

Love Red hood, kind of enjoying Detective and Batman, not sure yet about Batgirl and Batgirl & BoP, dropped nightwing and haven't read All star Batman and Harley yet.

I have to say that Superfamily win this round.

I've really enjoyed what I've read so far, although to be fair I've only read Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, and Harley Quinn but each of those titles have shown off the Batfamily really well and have either been a lot of fun or have told an really cool and big stories. If I had to pick my favorite of them it would have to be Nightwing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I've been happy with many Rebirth titles, though not too many among Bat family. Red Hood is my absolute favourite. Batman and Nightwing I think are picking up pace, could go either way but I'm leaning towards liking them for now. Dectective is like B&RE kind of meh. Batgirl as well as Batgirl & BoP aren't for my taste. Don't care about Harley nor Snyder's Batman.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-12-2016 at 06:45 AM.

I'm pretty happy with it, I've enjoyed Batman, 'Tec, and Nightwing a lot so far. All Star Batman is off to a good start and Red Hood has been a pleasant surprise. Both Batgirl books haven't really done anything for me and i'm not sure about Harley yet(I didn't read her previous series, but I know it was the same style, just dunno if I'm down for a whole series in this tone or if I might just be down for the occasional special issue).

Favourites are Batman and Nightwing. BoP's Rebirth was ok, don't know yet if I will really buy it monthly. Detective does good work with it's characters but the story didn't hold my interest. RHtO sounds good but I don't read it for Jason so it's on the backburner until I know how Lobdell writes Artemis. No interest in reading Harley, ASB and Batgirl.

BANNED

It's good but for once I think it's not better than the rest of DC as it has been for a while. The Super books are largely as good but the real hit is the office that manages Red Hood, Deathstroke and Green Arrow.

It carries forward a lot of what I disliked from the New 52/DCYou era of DC and Tomasi and Gleason were a huge loss to the Superman office, but they are killing it there. I could go on, but I feel like I've been a bit of a curmudgeon lately, so I'll just say that I really enjoy both Batman and Nightwing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

All-Star Batman: Really fun, except the "better than Robin" and "Batman doesn't need Robin" theme is incredibly offensive.
    Batman: Started off really rough - I did not like how Batman nearly died immediately - it felt really unearned (especially since it was hitting the same emotional beats as Batman #52 the month before), but it's built into something really enjoyable.
    Detective Comics: I LOVE this book! The team, the characterization, the action, it's all so much fun. Nothing terribly deep there, but it's firing on all cylinders.
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey: I really enjoy the first issue - bringing Oracle back is really good, and the writing is not as fluffy as Batgirl has been, nor as grimy as Simone's run was - feels most like Simone's run back when she started on Birds of Prey, which is an excellent thing.
    Nightwing: Really fun, though doesn't currently feel quite as weighty as Grayson did. However, Dick and Damian are written really well, and it's got that good mix of light and dark that Dick is best at.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws: Don't enjoy reading any of Lobdell, so even though it's getting great reviews, I don't trust it to last, so I won't pick it up unless people say a whole arc is really good.
    Batgirl: Really enjoyed the much less frothy tone of this, while still keeping the Batgirl: Year One style cheerful determination and skill.
    Harley Quinn: I don't really understand the plots of this book?

Absolute, definite favorite is Tec. I am having so much fun, and anticipating every issue really, really eagerly.

Ranking of others:
    Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
    Nightwing
    Batgirl
    Batman
    All-Star Batman

Not reading:
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Harley Quinn
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It's good but for once I think it's not better than the rest of DC as it has been for a while. The Super books are largely as good but the real hit is the office that manages Red Hood, Deathstroke and Green Arrow.
    I'd agree, for a while the Batman line was the standout but now their is definitely competition, more specifically the Superman line and how they have managed to completely turn it around after that crossover nightmare of the "Truth" storyline.

Batman has been excellent. Nightwing has been strong. Detective Comics has been a bit stiff, but is getting there. Batgirl had a great #1 issue. Birds of Prey had a clunky start, but has room for improvement. Red Hood was surprisingly readable. All-Star Batman was perhaps the first Snyder book that I actually found myself disliking, but I'll give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Deathstroke and Red Hood are edited by Alex Antone (along with Titans). Green Arrow is edited by Andy Khouri (who also edited Omega Men, Martian Manhunter, New Suicide Squad, and Dr Fate after Convergence).

BANNED

Tec, batman and red hood are p. good. Nightwing is alright. everything else either i havent read or not worth talking about.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm only reading Batman and Nightwing, but I'm greatly enjoying both so far.