Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Same character but without that moment that made him suddenly worthy again, that encounter NEVER HAPPENED in the current continuity, that's why he's alive. (along with Hyperion, Starbrand and Nightmask) Everything wasn't restored at the moment the world was destroyed, but some point shortly before. We're not sure exactly how much before, or exactly how things changed after that (some characters do mention *something* happening, but it's vague and clearly could not have happened exactly the same as it did on panel leading up to Secret Wars) but before some characters that were clearly killed in the events during or leading up to the final incursion were killed. Rocket was not killed, Punisher did not wipe out a bar full of villains, Deadpool was not vaporized on a boat, etc... And Thor and Hyperion did not fight a Beyonder.

It's not clear what did or did not happen in the current continuity. What we do know is that there certainly wasn't a "reset" since Battleworld still exists (Contest of Champions) and the events of Secret Wars still exist in continuity. Otherwise the Ultimate Mjolnir could not have come to exist in the Marvel Universe.

I believe this was and will continue to be left vague so each author has plenty of "wiggle room" to make their stories as they see fit, within the loose framework of Secret Wars and ANAD Marvel. Which kinda sucks, because the end that Odinson met with the Beyonders was awesome, Strange's tenure as sheriff of agamotto was awesome, etc, but Aaron is clearly one of the authors who is steering clear of the fallout from Secret Wars. Unlike Ewing, who has directly addressed it in his books (Contest, Ultimates).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    It's not clear what did or did not happen in the current continuity. What we do know is that there certainly wasn't a "reset" since Battleworld still exists (Contest of Champions) and the events of Secret Wars still exist in continuity. Otherwise the Ultimate Mjolnir could not have come to exist in the Marvel Universe.

I believe this was and will continue to be left vague so each author has plenty of "wiggle room" to make their stories as they see fit, within the loose framework of Secret Wars and ANAD Marvel. Which kinda sucks, because the end that Odinson met with the Beyonders was awesome, Strange's tenure as sheriff of agamotto was awesome, etc, but Aaron is clearly one of the authors who is steering clear of the fallout from Secret Wars. Unlike Ewing, who has directly addressed it in his books (Contest, Ultimates).
    I'm pretty sure the reset began at the beginning of New Avengers, but instead of investigating Black Swan's appearance, T'challa and the
    kids he was training went the opposite direction, and he never called together the Illuminati.

I'm thinking how and when the reset happened is being revealed slowly in Ultimates...i also trust Aaron to follow up on Fury's whisper eventually tho so there's that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monpochi View Post
    Seriously, with Olivier in Odinson's book and Dauterman in She-Thor's.... I am in aesthetic heaven. *weeps*
    Yeah, this is some of Marvel's best art, at the moment. Dauterman's art is really benefitting from whoever is doing those brilliant colors. They really pop.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Finally, the REAL Thor is back!!
    He's not REALLY back until he's reunited with Mjolnir. But yeah, it's good to see him back in action again.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Coipel killing it as usual.

Please draw more than one arc!
    I hope so too. I love Coipel's art.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I will stick to my guns which from the beginning was that they will never reveal what made Thor unworthy because they never had a real reason to begin with. It was a plot convenience to make jane foster as thor a reality. I believed this since shortly after foster first got the hammer and its been over a year. And yes, Thor becoming worthy again at the end of time runs out will continue to be ignored.
    I agree. And Marvel will NEVER tell us what Fury whispered to Thor because they know that nothing will make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I agree. And Marvel will NEVER tell us what Fury whispered to Thor because they know that nothing will make sense.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    He's not REALLY back until he's reunited with Mjolnir. But yeah, it's good to see him back in action again.
    I'd rather he gets his arm back first than Mjolnir.Maybe Mjolnir can grow him back a new arm?

Btw.how did Aquaman get his hand back when he lost it?

Fantastic Member

I don't think he is getting his arm back, since the King Thor version of the character has the uru arm. Of course, it's comics, so never say never.

I have my Hickman's Avengers buried away somewhere and I can't find it easily but can someone please bring me up to speed on this: many people here are arguing that Thor became worthy again at the end of that story, when he and Hyperion died in combat with the Beyonders. But I seem to recall that the Mjolnir that Thor was using in that final battle was the one from an alternate Earth Thor that specifically said it was available to whoever was "unworthy." So, he died with Mjolnir in his hand, as he wanted to, but it wasn't his Mjolnir and it was made for the unworthy. Now that I write this, I wonder if I am completely misremembering this. Did he regain his own Mjolnir at the end?

Sorry for my ignorance- I read a lot of comics and, as much as I enjoyed Hickman's run, there are still things in it that I find confusing or unexplained -not the least, how did Thor and Hyperion even last a millisecond against beings who could kill Celestials? How does the Molecule Man fit into everything, really? (He's a weapon to destroy every universe, but Doom uses him against the Beyonders, then he becomes the source of all new universes and he is peeled off to inhabit each new reality - what?) One thing that I think I do understand is that certain characters, such as the Black Panther and Reed Richards, do have a memory of what went before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I'd rather he gets his arm back first than Mjolnir.Maybe Mjolnir can grow him back a new arm?

Btw.how did Aquaman get his hand back when he lost it?
    Well, Peter David gave him a magic water hand, but then he died and came back with both hands in brightest day. He still has them currently.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I don't think he is getting his arm back, since the King Thor version of the character has the uru arm. Of course, it's comics, so never say never.
    I guess that will all depend on who the writer is and whether he want to stick with what previous writers of the book wrote instead of using his own ideas.Hickman not so long ago,in his infinite Avengers storyline which was to lead to Time Runs Out, also did a future version of Thor, 422 years in the future where he was still unworthy of Mjolnir but still had both arms intact. So who's to say that Thor will definitely turn out to be the same King Thor that Aaron wrote in his Thor book?

I have my Hickman's Avengers buried away somewhere and I can't find it easily but can someone please bring me up to speed on this: many people here are arguing that Thor became worthy again at the end of that story, when he and Hyperion died in combat with the Beyonders. But I seem to recall that the Mjolnir that Thor was using in that final battle was the one from an alternate Earth Thor that specifically said it was available to whoever was "unworthy." So, he died with Mjolnir in his hand, as he wanted to, but it wasn't his Mjolnir and it was made for the unworthy. Now that I write this, I wonder if I am completely misremembering this. Did he regain his own Mjolnir at the end?
    IIRC,Thor didn't have Mjolnir in hand when he along with Hyperion, flew into their final clash (and certain deaths) with the Beyonders. He couldn't lift the alternate Mjolnir because he was apparently worthy again and so turned to his axe again before the final suicide assault.

Sorry for my ignorance- I read a lot of comics and, as much as I enjoyed Hickman's run, there are still things in it that I find confusing or unexplained -not the least, how did Thor and Hyperion even last a millisecond against beings who could kill Celestials? How does the Molecule Man fit into everything, really? (He's a weapon to destroy every universe, but Doom uses him against the Beyonders, then he becomes the source of all new universes and he is peeled off to inhabit each new reality - what?) One thing that I think I do understand is that certain characters, such as the Black Panther and Reed Richards, do have a memory of what went before.
    Beats me. I couldn't get into Secret Wars after the first couple of issues.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post

Lucky for you mate, I just finished reading Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers in it's entirety two days ago.

Thor was using an AU Thorr's hammer, that could only be wielded by the unworthy. Thor used it to battle Black Priests, Dr. Strange and the Beyonders. After winning the battle against two Beyonders and losing his Uru arm, Thor found himself unable to lift Mjlonir for the unworthy.

The issues where these things occur are New Avengers #27 and #32.

It was pretty cool and badass.

https://67.media.tumblr.com/6f6d3702...q4io1_1280.jpg
    https://67.media.tumblr.com/b95856e3...q4io2_1280.jpg
    https://67.media.tumblr.com/a04d4c41...q4io3_1280.jpg
    https://65.media.tumblr.com/c5ea29e8...q4io4_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Same character but without that moment that made him suddenly worthy again, that encounter NEVER HAPPENED in the current continuity, that's why he's alive. (along with Hyperion, Starbrand and Nightmask) Everything wasn't restored at the moment the world was destroyed, but some point shortly before. We're not sure exactly how much before, or exactly how things changed after that (some characters do mention *something* happening, but it's vague and clearly could not have happened exactly the same as it did on panel leading up to Secret Wars) but before some characters that were clearly killed in the events during or leading up to the final incursion were killed. Rocket was not killed, Punisher did not wipe out a bar full of villains, Deadpool was not vaporized on a boat, etc... And Thor and Hyperion did not fight a Beyonder.
    What is the basis for your thinking none of the players involved remember what happened before and after? i was of the idea that some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reset began at the beginning of New Avengers, but instead of investigating Black Swan's appearance, T'challa and the
    kids he was training went the opposite direction, and he never called together the Illuminati.
    The world at large still remembers the world coming to and end and that somehow Mister Fantastic saved them. What happened at the end of Secret Wars with Tchalla is still not clear. Not even Hickman was sure if he used the Reality gem or the Time gem