Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Aaron Talks Existential Action in "Unworthy Thor," Cosmic War in "Mighty Thor"

Jason Aaron discusses Asgardian secrets, interstellar wars and writing two Thors. Plus, exclusive "Unworthy Thor" art!

Full article here.

It was a nice interview and the art of Coipel and Dauterman was amazing, but...it's just me, or did Aaron avoided answering to the question about if he'll finally tell what Nick Fury told Thor to become unworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    did Aaron avoided answering to the question about if he'll finally tell what Nick Fury told Thor to become unworthy?
    It's part of Marvel's continuing pattern of things happening for mysterious reasons and then as they tease there is some great plan, suddenly "Hey Look! It's the next thing!"

As much as I still loathe the new look Odinson is getting.... I am somewhat glad that Olivier is going to be able to draw his simple yet sexier first Unworthy look~

Seriously, with Olivier in Odinson's book and Dauterman in She-Thor's.... I am in aesthetic heaven. *weeps*

Amazing Member

Finally, the REAL Thor is back!!

Coipel killing it as usual.

Please draw more than one arc!

So is Aaron ignoring the fact that Thor became worthy again at the end of Hickman's Avengers?

Amazing Member

At this point, no protesting after the fact would convince me that Aaron or Marvel editorial has any sort of consensus or idea about why Thor is "unworthy" ...other than the fact that they wanted to replace him with Jane for a while... In print at least, the deflecting answer above comes off as they have no real idea how to write their way out of this with a coherent explanation. We're just as liable to wind up with Glinda the good witch appearing and tell Thor "worthiness is in your heart just click your heels and go home" than anything approaching a logical reason.

I want to support this book, because, frankly, I want Thor back to being "THOR." But after two years (hell, after 6 months...) it doesn't come off as a mystery as much as a massive elephant in the room.. When this publishes Marvel will have two different books coming out based on a premise they've never bothered to explain... I'm so profoundly disappointed in nearly every direction Marvel is going these days.. and so tired of killing off or de-powering major players because (as quoted in interviews about killing Banner) editorial and the writers don't know what to do with these characters anymore... This is like New 52 all over again...

BANNED

Not thrilled at the story pitch. Can't resist that art though!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    When this publishes Marvel will have two different books coming out based on a premise they've never bothered to explain... I'm so profoundly disappointed in nearly every direction Marvel is going these days.. and so tired of killing off or de-powering major players because (as quoted in interviews about killing Banner) editorial and the writers don't know what to do with these characters anymore... This is like New 52 all over again...
    I agree with this 100%. Talking to some buddies the other day...yes we are all old...late thirties/early forties...but we are just confused with Marvel these days. I don't mind the Avengers or X-Men having 5 to 10 teams each. But can we have a reason for each team? Ok, yeah we do (sometimes) but it changes every six months. Sweeping changes every six months? Major roster changes every six months? ugh. It gets old. I just don't have the energy or money to care why the Uncanny X-Men are currently Magneto, Sabertooth, and Psylocke right now. Because by the time I figure it out Uncanny X-Men will be a zombie Cyclops, with a female Wolverine, and a cyborg alternate reality Prof X.

Back to Thor..

I agree we are spoiled with both artists. Beautiful art. I like the Mighty Thor...Aaron and Dauterman have done great with some Thor aspects I have always wanted explored. I also love Dauterman's art...really fits the fantasy scene of Asgard perfectly. With that said...too much reading...every month I look forward to the Mighty Thor and it's more for the art. The story is just a tad boring for my tastes.

Which leads me to...Bring back the real Thor. Looking forward to the Unworthy. I don't care why he is Unworthy...it's obviously just an excuse to have two titles. Jane as Thor has been fun but I want the real Thor back in the Avengers.

Mighty Member

Great times to be a Thor (Odinson) & Jane Foster fan.
    My art main influences are Richard Corben, Frank Frazetta and John Buscema. For old school comic book heroes with an edge check out my patreon

Pitt

"...and there are still some questions about the Odinson's worthiness."

I don't think there are any questions. It was made pretty clear he was worthy again at the end of Avengers World leading up to Secret Wars.

Fantastic Member

I will stick to my guns which from the beginning was that they will never reveal what made Thor unworthy because they never had a real reason to begin with. It was a plot convenience to make jane foster as thor a reality. I believed this since shortly after foster first got the hammer and its been over a year. And yes, Thor becoming worthy again at the end of time runs out will continue to be ignored.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
    "...and there are still some questions about the Odinson's worthiness."

I don't think there are any questions. It was made pretty clear he was worthy again at the end of Avengers World leading up to Secret Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I will stick to my guns which from the beginning was that they will never reveal what made Thor unworthy because they never had a real reason to begin with. It was a plot convenience to make jane foster as thor a reality. I believed this since shortly after foster first got the hammer and its been over a year. And yes, Thor becoming worthy again at the end of time runs out will continue to be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So is Aaron ignoring the fact that Thor became worthy again at the end of Hickman's Avengers?
    At the end of Hickman's saga he was as worthy as he was dead so…it's pretty clear this isn't exactly the same Thor.

Amazing Member

Default the non-conformist ~bub !

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    YES ! THANK YOU thats exactly what ide like to know if that aint the 800 pound gorilla in the room everyones supposed to ignore i dont know what iS !