Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Default Time for an In-Continuity Sensation Comics

Batman and Detective
    Superman and Action

Time for Wonder Woman and Sensation

The third leg of the Trinity needs a 2nd in-continuity book. With Rucka seemingly reviving WW, the new movie coming out soon and her popularity maybe never higher - if not now, then when? Let's start pushing DC to give us more WW

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'll never say "No" to more in-continuity Wonder Woman.

We may have a chance at getting this soon enough. Diana's star is rising, thanks to the movies. Sure, movies don't mean greater comic sales as a general rule, but a lot of people are about to get more interested in Wonder Woman than ever before. If ever there was a time for this, it's now.

My vote would be to make Sensation Comics not so much about Diana exclusively. Include stories about her supporting cast as well. Do a one- or two-issue story of Hippolyta dealing with some kind of crisis on Paradise Island. Give Artemis a solo story or two. Let Cassie and Donna get some love. No one seems interested in using Grace Choi right now. Why not adopt her into the Wonder Family? Diana should get the bulk of the stories, or at least she should appear in most of the stories, but Sensation would be a great book with which to build up Diana's world and show everyone what an amazingly diverse and interesting place it can be.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I've said before, this bi-weekly shipping schedule her book is on is a perfect test for this. If the numbers hold, then there is no reason that Diana can't have a second book. She pretty much already does with the two stories running at the same time.

Crosses Fingers.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Another option might be to turn Sensation Comics into Diana's own personal teamup book with a rotating cast of guest characters. Sometimes she's teamed up with people from her own mythos, like Cassie, Donna, Artemis, etc. Other times she's teamed up with characters from all across the DCU. Heck, given her tendency to redeem villains, I wouldn't hate a story or two in which she's forced to team up with a villain or two and actually has some kind of positive impact on them before the story is done.

That, to me, would be the most important thing for a book like this: every teamup involves Diana interacting with these other characters, and she usually has some positive impact on them. Maybe she teams up with a rookie hero like Jaime Reyes or the new Aqualad and the story ends with her instilling them with some more confidence in themselves. Maybe she teams up with Constantine and actually leaves him contemplating to himself whether or not he should be as cynical as he is. Maybe she teams up with Poison Ivy and gets her to stop and think that maybe fighting for the plants doesn't necessarily mean fighting against all of humanity.

I'd definitely love to see her teaming up with the younger heroes a lot. I'd love for it to become kind of Diana's niche in the DCU that she's the big, veteran hero who takes an active interest in the development of the younger heroes. I'd like to see her training young heroes to fight, helping them with personal problems in their life, giving them advice about what being a hero should be. There's a world of potential there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'll never say "No" to more in-continuity Wonder Woman.

We may have a chance at getting this soon enough. Diana's star is rising, thanks to the movies. Sure, movies don't mean greater comic sales as a general rule, but a lot of people are about to get more interested in Wonder Woman than ever before. If ever there was a time for this, it's now.

My vote would be to make Sensation Comics not so much about Diana exclusively. Include stories about her supporting cast as well. Do a one- or two-issue story of Hippolyta dealing with some kind of crisis on Paradise Island. Give Artemis a solo story or two. Let Cassie and Donna get some love. No one seems interested in using Grace Choi right now. Why not adopt her into the Wonder Family? Diana should get the bulk of the stories, or at least she should appear in most of the stories, but Sensation would be a great book with which to build up Diana's world and show everyone what an amazingly diverse and interesting place it can be.
    these are great ideas it would be amazing to see her cast get expanded and more exposure

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another option might be to turn Sensation Comics into Diana's own personal teamup book with a rotating cast of guest characters. Sometimes she's teamed up with people from her own mythos, like Cassie, Donna, Artemis, etc. Other times she's teamed up with characters from all across the DCU. Heck, given her tendency to redeem villains, I wouldn't hate a story or two in which she's forced to team up with a villain or two and actually has some kind of positive impact on them before the story is done.

That, to me, would be the most important thing for a book like this: every teamup involves Diana interacting with these other characters, and she usually has some positive impact on them. Maybe she teams up with a rookie hero like Jaime Reyes or the new Aqualad and the story ends with her instilling them with some more confidence in themselves. Maybe she teams up with Constantine and actually leaves him contemplating to himself whether or not he should be as cynical as he is. Maybe she teams up with Poison Ivy and gets her to stop and think that maybe fighting for the plants doesn't necessarily mean fighting against all of humanity.

I'd definitely love to see her teaming up with the younger heroes a lot. I'd love for it to become kind of Diana's niche in the DCU that she's the big, veteran hero who takes an active interest in the development of the younger heroes. I'd like to see her training young heroes to fight, helping them with personal problems in their life, giving them advice about what being a hero should be. There's a world of potential there.
    I hope that in 2017 that DC won't be afraid to roll out more WW titles. An in-continuity Sensation Comics would be so awesome, Action Comics was a team-up book at times so a similar format for Sensation Comics would make sense. A team-up book would be swell, as would a book were Wondy is leading a team of either Amazons or new female heroes. Maybe name the team the Furies.

I really want to see DC try to aggressively attempt to expand the Wonder Woman family. Give Donna a book, retool Cassie, maybe introduce a new young female for Di to train. I would like to see Nessie Silver Swan return to the scene, she could be similar to Jason Todd. A troubled hero with edge on the edge to an extent. Since the Amazons are established as scientists again maybe you can spin-off an Amazon hero with a science background. I'm rambling a it but you should catch my drift.

Maybe if the Red Hood book does well, Artemis can get an ongoing as well. Many opportunities for Wonder Woman to expand in books and supporting characters. The upcoming movie is DC's one chance to go all-out for Diana and I really hope that they do!

Incredible Member

I wish they make artemis the amazon who carries a sword and a shield......

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

So how do we make that push?
    I've been wanting to rally for a Sensation Comics title for years.
    Wonderfully Superb

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

Seriously . . . does anyone have a clue of how to get DC's ear on this? I want this! . . . anyone?

I don't think that online petitions really do anything.

I believe Wonder Woman has a Facebook page, how to we get the most impact with the minimum amount of effort?
    Wonderfully Superb

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    Seriously . . . does anyone have a clue of how to get DC's ear on this? I want this! . . . anyone?

I don't think that online petitions really do anything.

I believe Wonder Woman has a Facebook page, how to we get the most impact with the minimum amount of effort?
    i think showing that she can handle having two ongoing in continuity comics while making some noise is the best bet. im guessing supporting her current comic is the way to go and she's seemingly outselling superman for now but ofc we'll have to see how things work when rucka leaves

Fantastic Member

Yup said it long ago that we need in-community Sensation Comic