Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Marvel's White Tiger Rumored Pilot at Netflix

Word reaches Bleeding Cool via sources from production crew sources that Marvel has just wrapped filming four pilot shorts intended to be considered as series for Netflix, the home of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher and Defenders.

I have been told that one of the pilot shorts is called White Tiger.

There have been a number of characters in Marvel’s history that have claimed the title but Bleeding Cool has been told that this is a female actor. We’re scrambling for details, but as we understand it, this would be the Angela Del Toro versions of the character, ex-FBI agent, niece of the original White Tiger, born and bred in the Bronx. If so, and if this is one of the shows that Netflix pick up, that would be Marvel’s first Hispanic superhero lead to hit the screen.

White Tiger was a legacy hero, she used mystical amulets to channel the Tiger God and give herself superhuman abilities as well as camouflage. She was corrupted by the Hand and turned supervillain, currently a member of the New Revengers in the New Avengers comic.
    Marvel Have Already Shot a White Tiger Pilot for Netflix?

Wtf no, marvel hasnt been able to keep much a secret for the netflix shows. Didnt know they even did pilots for netflix shows. To be fair these shorts may be proof of concept to get a feel for how each show would play. Hope if its true Moonknight is one of the other ones. Doubt it though

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wtf no, marvel hasnt been able to keep much a secret for the netflix shows. Didnt know they even did pilots for netflix shows. To be fair these shorts may be proof of concept to get a feel for how each show would play. Hope if its true Moonknight is one of the other ones. Doubt it though
    While I'd definitely take this with a grain of salt, that's not really true. The original Marvel Netflix announcement came out of nowhere and if it's a concept video, it could easily have flown under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    While I'd definitely take this with a grain of salt, that's not really true. The original Marvel Netflix announcement came out of nowhere and if it's a concept video, it could easily have flown under the radar.
    Concept video yes, pilot no. We woulda heard casting news. Actors get replaced after pilots but they still use real actors. A proof of concept they could pull off.

BANNED

There's two years between seasons of the shows they have as it is. No way are they adding four more shows to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    There's two years between seasons of the shows they have as it is. No way are they adding four more shows to balance.
    The actors are filming defenders, that might be the reason for the delay not worry of over saturation. If these charatcer run seperate of the defenders with only slight references I dont see why not. Though I dont know if Punisher plays a role in the Defenders and his show isnt coming till after 2017 aswell. So iono maybe they dont want over saturation, but they have to up it from the two shows a year after defenders. No ones gonna be happy waiting 3years between seasons. So I assume next year we will get some announcements on a change to the release schedule.

Spectacular Member

really hope this is true, as a White Tiger series could be amazing. i vote Odette Annable for Angela.

BANNED

This seems highly unlikely.

As interesting as this would be, I doubt it. At least, at this point. I guess I'll wait and see.

Incredible Member

White Tiger and Tarantula are totally underrated Daredevil supporting characters...I'd love to see both of them alongside, and/or against, The Defenders.

So White Tiger gets a show and Shang Chi is stuck doing his schtick, schlepping for Iron Fist? Sweet.

If the White Tiger is dealt with, and my prediction is that it would be the Ava Ayala version, I hope that someone like Rosie Perez gets brought in to be her mother. She'd be a good pick.

I was thinking of white wolf too bad I thought they were going to pick up on that plot point from BP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    So White Tiger gets a show and Shang Chi is stuck doing his schtick, schlepping for Iron Fist? Sweet.
    Is this a “didn’t age well” situation?

Angela was namedropped in Jessica Jones and someone did a fan trailer for a Hector centered show. Ava feels like a good fit for the Disney+ era.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-24-2022 at 07:24 AM.