Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yes, and look for Logan, Thor, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and every other hero they have replaced...to be back very soon. I would imagine we will get a Return of Wolverine and a complete realignment of the X-Men into the traditional teams, as well
    I don't think they'll double-ship, but rather have two ongoings for each of their A-list mantles. Look at what we have so far, or what's been announced:

Captain America: Sam Wilson / Captain America: Steve Rogers
    Amazing Spider-Man / Spider-Man
    Old Man Logan / Wolverine
    The Mighty Thor / The Unworthy Thor
    Invincible Iron Man / Infamous Iron Man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yes, and look for Logan, Thor, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and every other hero they have replaced...to be back very soon. I would imagine we will get a Return of Wolverine and a complete realignment of the X-Men into the traditional teams, as well
    I can tell you don't read any Marvel. X-Men has been neglected and downsized because DisMarvel does not own the movie rights. Tony Stark will be replaced with a young black teenager and Dr. Doom.

Bruce Banner has just been 'killed'.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I can tell you don't read any Marvel. X-Men has been neglected and downsized because DisMarvel does not own the movie rights. Tony Stark will be replaced with a young black teenager and Dr. Doom.

Bruce Banner has just been 'killed'.
    I read plenty of Marvel. My point is that those things will be reversed very quickly. And if they continue slipping in sales, I think you will see the downsizing of X-Men, and the relentless pushing of InHumans instead, reversed too. Ironic, because I had a ton of people arguing with me on the X-Men boards recently that the X-Men hadn't been pushed aside because of movie rights - when it's obvious they have. They essentially destroyed the most popular franchise in comics other than Batman over a petty squabble
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 08-12-2016 at 11:47 AM.

BANNED

The big question is, once Marvel does this too and everything settles into a normalcy, will people still be buying more comics than they were beforehand?

I think they will, and that it'll be a healthy increase. Readers are such huge fans of the most-popular comics that they'll buy them twice a month with no hesitation. Just publishing Batman twice a month will be a hig windfall.

BANNED

Hell yes! I love Marvel but at the moment they deserve to lose to DC. This really shows how important legacy and status quos are to the success of comics. DC is reclaiming it's most iconic elements, and is heading towards one of its most successful periods in years because of it. New 52 was never this successful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I don't think they'll double-ship, but rather have two ongoings for each of their A-list mantles. Look at what we have so far, or what's been announced:

A few of the titles you listed are slipping, and might not be around in a few years. I think Marvel will double ship eventually. I also think DC will stop double shipping in a couple years, or at least cut back on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Hell yes! I love Marvel but at the moment they deserve to lose to DC. This really shows how important legacy and status quos are to the success of comics. DC is reclaiming it's most iconic elements, and is heading towards one of its most successful periods in years because of it. New 52 was never this successful.
    The New 52 was a success. You have to realizes that this is Rebirth event PLUS double-shipping. If double-shipping had been launched with the New 52, the sales would have been much bigger.

A few of the titles you listed are slipping, and might not be around in a few years. I think Marvel will double ship eventually. I also think DC will stop double shipping in a couple years, or at least cut back on it.
    Those are the titles announced for Marvel Now 2.0. Marvel's strategy for "doubling down" may be to push out two separate monthly books related to one franchise, as opposed to semi-monthly shipping.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post

I think the reason this would not be a comparable strategy is that DC is double-shipping books featuring the most popular versions of their characters, whereas in the examples above, only half of them have the popular versions (or in the case of Wolverine and Iron Man, neither of them).

BANNED

Woohoo !!! two Nightwing books in top 10 this is so awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The New 52 was a success. You have to realizes that this is Rebirth event PLUS double-shipping. If double-shipping had been launched with the New 52, the sales would have been much bigger.
    I said it was never THIS successful. And even if you ignore the double shipping, the number of readers buying most of the new series is a lot higher than the New 52 sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Woohoo !!! two Nightwing books in top 10 this is so awesome.
    Grayson SMASH!!!

BANNED

Something else. Twenty pages a month is an excruciatingly slow way to tell a story, especially if a company uses decompression. Forty pages a month is a much livelier pace.

BANNED

I said it was never THIS successful. And even if you ignore the double shipping, the number of readers buying most of the new series is a lot higher than the New 52 sales.
    The guy at TheBeat who does their DC sales coverage went over these last month, for the ones that came out then.

These are all first-month sales, not including subsequent reprints:

New52 Batman #1: 188,420
    Rebirth Batman #1: 308,396

New52 Superman #1: 131,529
    Rebirth Superman #1: 115,918

New52 Wonder Woman #1: 76,214
    Rebirth Wonder Woman #1: 118,511

New52 Flash #1: 129,260
    Rebirth Flash #1: 110,431

New52 Green Lantern #1: 141,682
    Rebirth Green Lanterns #1: 93,401

New52 Detective Comics #1: 114,880
    Rebirth Detective Comics #934: 106,239

New52 Green Arrow #1: 61,680
    Rebirth Green Arrow #1: 76,816

New52 Aquaman #1: 80,302
    Rebirth Aquaman #1: 84,745

New52 Action Comics #1: 182,748
    Rebirth Action Comics #957: 82,884

So I think it varies, depending on the direction they were taking before the relaunch, the direction they took with the particular characters in the relaunch, etc.

However, I think the double-shipping strategy will be key for DC, and I agree that it is as much a part of what is making Rebirth successful as any creative issues.

I don't understand why comic fans complain about double shipping; you are buying a comic because you like it, no? So you're mad that you get twice as much of said comic?