Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage, #1

Super Moderator

Default Savage, #1

Fifteen years ago, the world's most famous soccer star and his former supermodel wife -pregnant with their unborn child - disappeared without a trace. The world believes they are dead... But, in reality, their private jet crash-landed on a mysterious, unknown island ruled by by prehistoric creatures from another time...

This is the story of how they lost their humanity.

This November, acclaimed writer B. Clay Moore (Hawaiian Dick) and explosive artists Clayton Henry (HARBINGER WARS) and Lewis LaRosa (BLOODSHOT REBORN) present a relentless epic of survival in a cold-blooded land ruled by instinct alone as SAVAGE makes his brutal entrance into the Valiant Universe!

Full article here.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

Looks awesome! It's got "duh why didn't I think of this" written all over it!
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

BANNED

That art is insanely beautiful. I really hope they don't muck it up with color and publish it in B&W.

Is this a prequel to before Doc Savage got his MD? ;-)

Aw their replacement for Turok.

Now we need one for Magnus Robot Fighter.

I've got to say that I don't think this even needs any dialogue, although I wonder if there will even be any, because this just looks great on its own. I enjoy most of what Valiant puts out so I can't wait to see how this character will fit in with the rest of the Valiant Universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This looks great! Clayton Henry has always been good but he has really stepped up his game with this.
    Please Remain Calm

That art is amazing. Valiant is killing it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    This looks great! Clayton Henry has always been good but he has really stepped up his game with this.
    Not sure what the actual breakdown is, but the art in the preview looks more to be Lewis LaRosa to me, not Clayton Henry. I suppose it's possible it's Henry on pencils and LaRosa on inks and tones, but the layouts and figures don't really look like Henry either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Not sure what the actual breakdown is, but the art in the preview looks more to be Lewis LaRosa to me, not Clayton Henry. I suppose it's possible it's Henry on pencils and LaRosa on inks and tones, but the layouts and figures don't really look like Henry either.
    I think Henry is there to deal with flashbacks.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ksbord View Post
    I think Henry is there to deal with flashbacks.
    That would be my assumption. Henry handles the scenes of the family's "normal" life, while Larosa does the "gone native" stuff. Henry's style is 180 degrees opposite from Larosa, but he's also an outstanding artist.

BANNED

Valiant might have themselves another title in my pull.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post
    Aw their replacement for Turok.

Now we need one for Magnus Robot Fighter.
    This is an awesome start and I have to laugh because I thought the same thing about the Turok parallel. Definitely in it's own class however and more realistic than Tarzan. I have to say that Valiant doesn't need Gold Key despite the disappointment of 90's Valiant fans. That era is over and any attempt to revive it would be a big mistake at this point. That is coming from a huge GK fan like myself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    This is an awesome start and I have to laugh because I thought the same thing about the Turok parallel. Definitely in it's own class however and more realistic than Tarzan. I have to say that Valiant doesn't need Gold Key despite the disappointment of 90's Valiant fans. That era is over and any attempt to revive it would be a big mistake at this point. That is coming from a huge GK fan like myself.
    Seconded, Alton. Great start and I'm looking forward to seeing how this character develops... not just in this mini, but also in the Valiant Universe overall.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

All-New Member

Do I have to read anything before hand to read Savage as I haven't read a lot of Valiant in awhile