Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nightwing #3 Preview/Discussion

Im digging this twice monthly ship.

http://www.newsarama.com/30587-preview-nightwing-3.html

LoL, Sudokuer. I would like to see him . And its nice to see Babs give a crap whether Dick is alive or dead. Wish we got to see more of that when he "died", but oh well.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-12-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/30587-preview-nightwing-3.html

LoL, Sudokuer. I would like to see him . And its nice to see Babs give a crap whether Dick is alive or dead. Wish we got to see more of that when he "died".
    I'm liking the progression of the story alot. The way Seeley is going into the personality differences between Dick and Babs is Intresting and I haven't seen that explored before in this way. Very few writers really go into character exploration beyond the surface with Dick. I think Snyder was about the last one with the Dark Mirror besides King and Seeley in Grayson. Most writers are very superficial with the character. I'm also liking Raptor more and more as the story goes on. I'm looking forward to Wednesday.
    Last edited by OWL45; 08-12-2016 at 01:25 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Oooh, I really like this preview! Dick and Babs having conflict that doesn't make them seem completely stupid, like they did in Batgirl #45 (ughughugh).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'd kind of like a quick team up of Dick, Barbara and Raptor. I like the dynamic teased here even it's for only one issue. Could make for an interesting arc for Dick having these two conflicting sides. I'm glad Seeley is gonna drop the melodrama of New 52 DickBabs. What they have here is an interesting conflict and realistic for these two. Everything before this was mostly not even a hint of what they used to act like together.

But yeah I'd like to see this trio for another issue and see the effect of both sides have on Dick. I wanna see the effects because I like when Dick gets inadvertently put into a moral dilemma, which is probably one of my favorite superhero tropes to explore.

Amazing Member

What can I say? You spend the whole of the new 52 hating the new-style batgirl & her relationship with Dick, and just 4 issues under the pen of Tim Seeley and it's likeable again. Anyone else get the feeling we're in for the whole love triangle thing when Helena shows up again?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Nice read, and it's good to see the art getting stronger, and stronger with each passing issue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WingGrayson View Post
    What can I say? You spend the whole of the new 52 hating the new-style batgirl & her relationship with Dick, and just 4 issues under the pen of Tim Seeley and it's likeable again. Anyone else get the feeling we're in for the whole love triangle thing when Helena shows up again?
    Ya I could see that definitely happening. With the way he is developing they both seem to appeal to a different side of his nature. I personally like him better with Helena than Babs because it make for more story and character dynamics IMO. I just don't find him and Babs Intresting in regards to a relationship beyond nostalgia.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Ya I could see that definitely happening. With the way he is developing they both seem to appeal to a different side of his nature. I personally like him better with Helena than Babs because it make for more story and character dynamics IMO. I just don't find him and Babs Intresting in regards to a relationship beyond nostalgia.
    Yes, Helena. I was missing her even before she left the book. Can't wait for her and Dick to get back together again, and Seeley seems to have plans for them, presumably picking up the threads intended for GRAYSON.

Spectacular Member

I was on the fence with the art in issue 1 but from 2 and this preview it's really grew on me

BANNED

DC need to stop forcing this Dick/Barbara thing. Barbara went from being amused by the crush Dick used to have on her to this.
    Forcing her to fight other women for DG in a love triangle would be another abomination visited on her. Wasn't she with Luke in Burnside, why is she going on dates w/Dick now?

Incredible Member

Dead. Again
    Nice to see someone remembers. I don't mind some Dick/Babs when they're not actot being written like a pair of simpletons.

The arts getting better and growing on me and I'm really liking the way this is going.
    Last edited by HellHere; 08-12-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    DC need to stop forcing this Dick/Barbara thing. Barbara went from being amused by the crush Dick used to have on her to this.
    Forcing her to fight other women for DG in a love triangle would be another abomination visited on her. Wasn't she with Luke in Burnside, why is she going on dates w/Dick now?
    She has the hots for Grayson.

Look I'm the boat just make it work and put them as a couple that don't make themselves hate each other or don't have them romantic with each other. Either do it or don't. Also quick work from Babs to get from Japan to where Dick and Raptor are.

I have to grit my teeth to get through this arc it seems. The story itself is amazing though, and I understand why Babs is present so I'm still excited for the book.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This just looks okay to me. I'm really not enjoying this as much as Grayson in all honesty and although Seeley is trying hard to sell the Nightwing package to me thus far he hasn't managed to. I'm still going to stick around a bit because of Seeley's previous work with the character which I loved and see if things get better for me. Right now though it seems to be missing the spark Grayson had. I'm not sure if its that Seeley is, in fact, disappointed that Grayson was cut short or that he maybe he has less freedom then before but something is off with his writing to me.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-13-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Haven't read the preview (I like to just wait and read the whole issue on Wednesdays), but I really don't understand the continued anti-babs sentiment people seem to have. Why is it a big deal if she is used as a supporting character/cameo in the opening arc? (That's an actual question that I wouldn't mind people answering.) I think at bare minimum, we can say that Babs has been an important character in Dick's life, particularly in his role as Nightwing and Robin and all of his dealing with the Bat-family. I think its at least a relationship that Seeley should get to play with some, and establish their dynamic in what i think we all hope will be a long, snyder-esque run on the character for him.