Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Shazam!" Movie Set in DC Film Universe; Dwayne Johnson Heavily Involved Creatively

The "Shazam!" producer offers an update on the DC Comics-based film, which will star Dwayne Johnson as the villainous Black Adam.

Full article here.

SHAZAM!!! great to hear the news. can't wait to smell what the rock is cooking

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Garcia confirmed to Newsweek, "'Shazam!' is to live in the same world [as the other films] but we have incredible autonomy over this brand and franchise. We are working with a different team, different producers, directors...it’s a different set-up."
    I suppose that's fine. I can live with that.

Now let's get cracking on a SHAZAM ongoing, DC, please... and a SHAZAM FAMILY book too, while you're at it.

BANNED

As long as it's classic Shazam and not Geoff Johns modern take on the character who I dubbed "PUNK BILLY." Then I cannot wait for this film as the DC movies could use a little light.

If it's classic, and they remember that the character is Captain Marvel, and it's the Wizard who is named Shazam, I'll go see it. If they stick with the New52 naming convention, forget it. Yeah, it matters to me.

Mighty Member

Rock's going to do Warner Bros. a favor by creating free publicity on this movie by getting into a feud with a costar on set. Ha!Ha!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    If it's classic, and they remember that the character is Captain Marvel, and it's the Wizard who is named Shazam, I'll go see it. If they stick with the New52 naming convention, forget it. Yeah, it matters to me.
    That's not going to happen. WB/DC is staying away from the Captain Marvel name. He is Shazam now, as he has been in the comics and the recent animated films.

It'd be nice if we could finally get some casting for Billy and the Big Red Cheese so Johnson as Black Adam doesn't continue to be the only concrete thing attached to this movie .

BANNED

So will it actually be a Shazam movie, or will it be a Dwayne Johnson Black Adam movie, featuring Shazam?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    That's not going to happen. WB/DC is staying away from the Captain Marvel name. He is Shazam now, as he has been in the comics and the recent animated films.
    And as he has been for decades to most people who don't read comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    As long as it's classic Shazam and not Geoff Johns modern take on the character who I dubbed "PUNK BILLY." Then I cannot wait for this film as the DC movies could use a little light.
    You didn't finish the story did you? By the end he becomes the Billy we know and love. Him acting like a little jerk was done on purpose as a defense mechanism for coping with his problems. By stories end he realized he didn't need to act that way anymore.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Amazing Member

Agreed, the plus new Billy is an ass. I get that they probably can's call the movie Captain Marvel because of copyright but Power of Shazam! worked as a comic title and can for a movie as well.

Ultimate Member

Wonder how this will work, long term

Shazam's whole thing is that he's a kid in an adult body. Yet usually the movies follow real time with sequels, especially with shared canon. So yeah.

That said, look forward to seeing how they deal with it.

Well, given that Marvel Studios is doing a Captain Marvel movie about a blonde woman; yeah, that's not happening.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I have a feeling this will be the most light hearted & fun of the DCEU films.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!