Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Oh, agreed. But I suspect it was the editor's mandate that it be Donyell, even though it being Dwayne would have been great angst
    could be. but it didn't really feel as if editorial put much thought into it. they might have given him a list of depowered mutants to utilize. but why on earth would they dictate for Donyell to be used over Dwayne; given that they dramatically changed Donyell? it would seem nonsensical to tease Dwayne possibly being alive; only to slip in a substitute. that's like having ending Search for Logan end with them finding his brother Dog. I really wish Grevioux had another shot at it. I think his heart was in the right place. he did create two new teams of street-level villains. kind of wish that Decibel, Wondra, and company were also brand new characters. their voices might have seemed more 'authentic.' no knock against Jubilee. I wasn't disappointed at her presence or anything (too bad she couldn't bring Synch with her).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    could be. but it didn't really feel as if editorial put much thought into it. they might have given him a list of depowered mutants to utilize. but why on earth would they dictate for Donyell to be used over Dwayne; given that they dramatically changed Donyell? it would seem nonsensical to tease Dwayne possibly being alive; only to slip in a substitute. that's like having ending Search for Logan end with them finding his brother Dog. I really wish Grevioux had another shot at it. I think his heart was in the right place. he did create two new teams of street-level villains. kind of wish that Decibel, Wondra, and company were also brand new characters. their voices might have seemed more 'authentic.' no knock against Jubilee. I wasn't disappointed at her presence or anything (too bad she couldn't bring Synch with her).
    Why on earth would they use only depowered mutants?

Because the editors were stinkin' idiots.

The end

The only thing about bringring Thrasher back is that he doesn’t really have anything that isn’t already being offered currently at Marvel. To bring him back Marvel would have to give him a new direction and nitch I feel.

Personally, I really like the design of Thrasher and think it would be cool if he was morphed into more of a pure physical Macgiver/gadgeteer character. Marvel has several “tech” characters but none that build things on the fly in battle, this could be away to make him more interesting to readers while giving him his own thing.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-21-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The only thing about bringring Thrasher back is that he doesn’t really have anything that isn’t already being offered currently at Marvel. To bring him back Marvel would have to give him a new direction and nitch I feel.

Personally, I really like the design of Thrasher and think it would be cool if he was morphed into more of a pure physical Macgiver/gadgeteer character. Marvel has several “tech” characters but none that build things on the fly in battle, this could be away to make him more interesting to readers while giving him his own thing.
    He's already back. He would be working with the same limits as any other street level characters. I'm good with your idea. But I can also see him just hire Nightshade like Nighthawk did.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Only give him a solo book if Silhouette is in more than half of it.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Only give him a solo book if Silhouette is in more than half of it.
    That would make it a team-up book. Why not just give her a mini? She chose Donyell.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's already back. He would be working with the same limits as any other street level characters. I'm good with your idea. But I can also see him just hire Nightshade like Nighthawk did.
    Eh, with a soild nitch he will go back into the marvel toy box. (Besides I wouldn’t consider Nightshade a true gadgeteer anyway, at least not in the sense I’m thinking)

“Why bother with Thrasher when you can just bring back Nighthawk type deal. Why bother with Nighthawk when you can go to Falcon and Black Panther, at least their in movies.” And so on it would go.

Not to make it a racial convo but we have mutiple white characters with a wide range of abilities to choose from but a lot of our Black heroes fall in to the same niche,we can use some diversification as fans. Keeping Thrashers physical ablities but also making him a macgiver/gadgeteer character would set him apart from the characters I listed. He doesn’t even need that ability perse but he needs something else instead of being another Black Batman light character.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-21-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Eh, with a soild nitch he will go back into the marvel toy box. (Besides I wouldn’t consider Nightshade a true gadgeteer anyway, at least not in the sense I’m thinking)
    hmm. I'd need to know your definition then. she's been a gadgeteer ever since I knew her; as a villain and an anti-hero. her first offering was a realistic robot. and she made Nighthawk's drones. but I was just keeping her around as a nod to Nightshade fans. she was the last one wearing the Nighthawk costume, afterall (even if I thought that it was a bad idea).

“Why bother with Thrasher when you can just bring back Nighthawk type deal.
    because people didn't warm to the character. I liked him a lot. but some couldn't get past his racial baggage. Dwayne, while possessing all of Nighthawk's skills, doesn't have that baggage. plus, he was only recently resurrected and actively looking for a new path.

Why bother with Nighthawk when you can go to Falcon and Black Panther, at least their in movies.” And so on it would go.
    have you read Black Panther's title, lately? you might as well be comparing a book like Powers to Lord of the Rings. Nighthawk isn't a king. and T'challa isn't a businessman who lets out his aggression as a costumed vigilante. one of these two has always focused on smaller street level crimes. and Sam's just kind of bland (no other way to describe it). I can't imagine Falcon with an agenda. he's been a sidekick and a yes man too long. Thrasher used to butt heads with everyone. Sam would suck as Nighthawk. he's not aggressive enough. and T'challa is playing a game with much larger stakes.

Not to make it a racial convo but we have mutiple white characters with a wide range of abilities to choose from but a lot of our Black heroes fall in to the same niche,we can use some diversification as fans.
    I became a fan of Night Thrasher because he wasn't like every other black character. his preference in music and general background are counter-culture to what a black character was, at that time. he was well educated, savvy, an effective field leader, mysterious, not reliant on super powers, not hyper-focused on race, etc.

Keeping Thrashers physical ablities but also making him a macgiver/gadgeteer character would set him apart from the characters I listed. He doesn’t even need that ability perse but he needs something else instead of being another Black Batman light character.
    isn't Bruce Wayne a gadgeteer? at any rate, the addition wouldn't boher me. I just, personally, would like him to occupy the Nighthawk identity. it's the best of both worlds for me. the Supreme Power version of Nighthawk was my go-to after they killed Dwayne. if you can think of a believable way to introduce this new element, I'm all for it. he probably has the same engineering skill that Grevioux had Donyell display. he wasn't inventing things. but he knew how to customize existing tech.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-22-2018 at 03:05 PM.