Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by RubberLotus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think her publication history had less to do with her popularity and more to do with the fact that William Moulton Marston's original contract said the rights would revert to him if Wonder Woman ever went out of print for a certain period. DC, even back then, hated giving up the rights to anything. You can practically feel the sheer antipathy every writer after Marston (and before Perez) had for her, like they'd all much rather be writing something else.
    Well then, they could have hired any of the feminist writers who adored Diana in the 60's and 70's if they wanted creators who cared about the character. It's not Wonder Woman's fault that there was a pervasive "Ew, girls will get cooties on the pages!" mindset in the industry, thus keeping out many people who were passionate about the character.

It's a testament that she still managed to endure as a symbol despite years and years of shoddy treatment.

BANNED

I think if there really is a fourth pillar then it is Vertigo-type stuff and non-DCU books in general.
    Sandman, Watchmen, Preacher, Transmetropolitan, V For Vendetta, iZombie...

It's a bit of a neglected pillar in recent years, but maybe the money in other media these are starting to make will change that.

Harley can't be the 4th pillar since she's a bat character. That's all under the Batman 'pillar' imo, and it's a very thick pillar.

4th pillar is the GLC, or should be at least.