Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    SS has now surpassed the domestic numbers of Winter Soldier and most of the MCU and its global numbers are exceptional without the aid of China. Is it time to admit the MCU has been a bit lackluster? Why can't the MCU compete?
    LOL

Come back and talk when its made the $333M that Guardians of the Galaxy brought in
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    If you minus China, GOTG only made less than $700m and SS has been expected to surpass $700m, so from what I see SS will do better than GOTG ww.
    Factor in the extra money WB has dropped in advertising compared to GOTG and it has to make more money
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Factor in the extra money WB has dropped in advertising compared to GOTG and it has to make more money
    which was?

Fantastic Member

The problem with deciding if a movie is successful or not is that we dont know the actual numbers. We dont know how much they dropped in marketing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    The problem with deciding if a movie is successful or not is that we dont know the actual numbers. We dont know how much they dropped in marketing.
    Sure you do. Just factor in enough money so that every DCEU movie is "proven" to have made a loss.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I saw SS twice in theaters. The only DCEU movie i did that for. 2nd time around I enjoyedthe charatcers even more. Even came to like flag though he was underused. Still hated the 2 bad guys, and The editing and and sountrack were worse the 2nd time. Not the music itself but how they use it, it ties in with the editing.

Iono what it its but i loved Deadshot, though hes nothing like the comic version. I guess Will Smith being will smith is more then enough sometimes

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4219&p=.htm
    The film is expected to bring in 10.59 million over the four day weekend

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Sure you do. Just factor in enough money so that every DCEU movie is "proven" to have made a loss.
    I just don't get it. What's the point of proving that a movie flopped?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    I just don't get it. What's the point of proving that a movie flopped?
    I can at least understand those who don't like the DCEU because it's not how they would wish it to be, because they think (wrongly) that WB would change it to their liking immediately after some bombs. In reality, the DCEU folding up its tents would mean a long time before another DC-related franchise would be introduced again, but I understand the wish fulfillment there. It's the Marvel-only people that make me scratch my head. Why can't we have both movie universes to enjoy?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Aren't you forgetting to factor in the actual budget that GOTG spent?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Aren't you forgetting to factor in the actual budget that GOTG spent?
    According to Box Office Mojo Guardians' budget was $170 million vs. Suicide Squad's $175 million.

How does a movie that takes place almost solely in outer space have less of a budget than something like Suicide Squad?

Disclaimer: this isn't to get involved in this bizarre Suicide vs Guardians debate. Just figured I'd answer a question and raise another.

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    According to Box Office Mojo Guardians' budget was $170 million vs. Suicide Squad's $175 million.

How does a movie that takes place almost solely in outer space have less of a budget than something like Suicide Squad?

Disclaimer: this isn't to get involved in this bizarre Suicide vs Guardians debate. Just figured I'd answer a question and raise another.
    in fairness, i imagine it's a bit cheaper in costs to have your heroes dance their villain to death.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Extra money? Compared to Disney advertising GOTG aggressively on every channel they own several Disney channels, several ESPN channels and ABC. WB doesn't have that kind of machine to market their movies.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post

GotG went over-budget and it actually clocks in at $232 million.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    GotG went over-budget and it actually clocks in at $232 million.
    interesting. Evidence?