Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1161

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That only means something if you've read a lot of Suicide Squad.

But I did read enough to know that she didn't turn in the first twelve issues of the book. Seems that idea would have been better left for a sequel. The whole thing with Moone and Flagg's romance was never sold to me convincingly - even less so that the Cyclops/Jean Grey relationship in the first X-Men movie trilogy, if that's possible. So there was no emotional investment in it for me at all.

Rush rush rush.
    huh?? enchantress is a founding member of ostrander's ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Uh, no, China allows magic creatures, what it doesn't allow is ghosts unless they're explained in a certain way. They can't be "Ghostly" and have to be seen as bad and serious, not funny or cute. Magical creatures are all over the place in Chinese movies. Heck the Great Wall is having a huge dragon showing up in the trailer and that's being made by a Chinese studio.
    thank you very much for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    SS was pretty pro-government. The government was never brought to task for anything it was doing under the auspices of "taking care of business." What Waller did there was way worse than anything the SS did in the movie. Seems like China would have been cooler with this movie than they were.
    To be honest, the widespread attitude from the very first scene in Suicide Squad (Waller and the general having dinner together) seems to be "when you're a superhuman, why should you give a s**t about the government?". True, all the main characters are villains and therefore quite unlikely to be upheld as champions of the status quo anyway, but in a movie where the main antagonists can turn a US metropolitan area into a no man's land and obliterate the military potential of the world's premier "superpower" with no effort, one would come to the conclusion that the superheroic community would laugh in the face of any government official trying to shame them into accepting a DCEU-equivalent of the Sokovian Accords.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    To be honest, the widespread attitude from the very first scene in Suicide Squad (Waller and the general having dinner together) seems to be "when you're a superhuman, why should you give a s**t about the government?". True, all the main characters are villains and therefore quite unlikely to be upheld as champions of the status quo anyway, but in a movie where the main antagonists can turn a US metropolitan area into a no man's land and obliterate the military potential of the world's premier "superpower" with no effort, one would come to the conclusion that the superheroic community would laugh in the face of any government official trying to shame them into accepting a DCEU-equivalent of the Sokovian Accords.
    Same could also be said for the main plot line of Batman vs. Superman. The way I look at it, Batman and government and Luthor all view Superman as a problem because of what he is rather than what he does. And I found that viewpoint pretty logical and satisfactory.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

http://www.inquisitr.com/3536901/sui...one-major-way/

Suicide squad box office disappoints in a major way.
    I guess there really is no smear campaign against DCEU

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I love how the author of the piece attributes the fall of the super hero bubble to DC's properties and not Fox. Which did have Deadpool this year, but also X-Men Apocalypse (one of the lowest grossing domestic X films) and Fan4stick last year.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah the logic is dumb. He says it's a disappointment because it didn't beat deadpool. Woooow but no X-men film beat deadpool so I gues they were all disappointments too...stupid.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Writer writes clueless article for clicks online , film at 11 folks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    also didn't the non-superhumans(waller and luthor) cause more damage than Supes in MoS?

Astonishing Member

There should be a lot of criticism towards Fox studios. The X-Men franchise is killing the superhero genre. Horrible movies with the exception of Deadpool and DOFP. The box office returns are middling. It's Fox that should be scorned, not WB.

Looks like Suicide Squad is going to pull in another $3 million this weekend which should bump it past Iron Man for domestic. (It already passed Iron Man world wide quite a while back)

Astonishing Member

731 million ww without China. Keeps chugging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3536901/sui...one-major-way/

Suicide squad box office disappoints in a major way.
    I guess there really is no smear campaign against DCEU
    It's a shitty Gawker wanna-be click bait site.
    The people who are smart ignore that kind of stuff.
    Everyone knows that SS hit it out of the park, same with BvS. Like the film or not, the movies did great bank.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah the logic is dumb. He says it's a disappointment because it didn't beat deadpool. Woooow but no X-men film beat deadpool so I gues they were all disappointments too...stupid.
    Yeah, it reeks of some editor saying, 'What's trending? Give me a click bait article on that Suicide girls movie!'
    It's the Gawker/Salon school of 'journalism', haha, I can barely type that without laughing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Yeah, it reeks of some editor saying, 'What's trending? Give me a click bait article on that Suicide girls movie!'
    It's the Gawker/Salon school of 'journalism', haha, I can barely type that without laughing.
    Must be a hard job they have coming up with bullshit all day.lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Must be a hard job they have coming up with bullshit all day.lol
    The crazy thing is he is being critical of it as it moves past Winter Soldier World Wide without China. And if it had China it would be in the top ten superhero movies ever in box office. Its mind boggling the bias and stupidity in these articles.