Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Power Couple: 10 Times Luke Cage & Jessica Jones Stole Our Hearts

In anticipation of Netflix's "Luke Cage," we look back at some of the best moments from his comic book relationship with Jessica Jones.

Full article here.

I really dislike them as a couple tbh. Both of them were more interesting before they hooked up with each other.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I really dislike them as a couple tbh. Both of them were more interesting before they hooked up with each other.
    Yes, that was some horrible, horrible fanfiction on Bendis' part.

I still say the Luke is still a Skrull.

Mighty Member

Jessica and Luke being a couple is cool, but the whole Jessica having a kid? I mean it works for some characters aka Sue Richards, Scott Lang, Julia Carpenter, it works well. Even Spider-Woman Jessica Drew Dennis Hopeless made it work well. But Jessica Jones? Wait and see, but I'm skeptical Bendis can make this work well with Daniele in the picture...

I love Luke, I like/sometimes love Jessica, but them together...eh...

That said maybe it's just Bendis. Them together under Al Ewing was good, and their fight against Superior Spidey was my favorite on this list aside from Luke Cage's civil war moment (honestly that always seemed like a Luke moment than a couple moment). I've enjoyed the backdrop of he couple in Power Man & Iron Fist as well.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I like them as a couple. Pretty damn interesting if you ask me. Not the same old Marvel relationships. They argue then work things out like adults. They are way more grounded than any other couple in the MU.

BANNED

I never really bought them as any kind of couple in the TV show. There was no real chemistry between them. There was more chemistry in the 3 minutes Luke shared on screen with Claire than the entirety of his interaction with Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I never really bought them as any kind of couple in the TV show. There was no real chemistry between them. There was more chemistry in the 3 minutes Luke shared on screen with Claire than the entirety of his interaction with Jessica.
    Oh, there was all kinds of chemistry between them. Claire was a non-entity with Luke. They shared 5 lines of dialogue. There was zero chemistry.

If only the Panther/Storm marriage were treated with the same level of baseline respect. Oh, well....

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If only the Panther/Storm marriage were treated with the same level of baseline respect. Oh, well....
    So true. I agree.

I do have to admit the part looking for a nanny (and who showed up) was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Elegant Dreamer; 08-15-2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Added stuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Oh, there was all kinds of chemistry between them. Claire was a non-entity with Luke. They shared 5 lines of dialogue. There was zero chemistry.
    Chemistry is not a function of dialogue count. It can be evident between people without them speaking a word. For all the interaction between them, Luke and Jessica utterly failed to convince me of the existence of any real emotional spark between them.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    To be completely honest (and as a Luke Cage fan), I'd rather see him be with Claire Temple. Their relationship was better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IronCage View Post
    To be completely honest (and as a Luke Cage fan), I'd rather see him be with Claire Temple. Their relationship was better.

I love me some George Tuska.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCage View Post

This period of Cage is the one I know best.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

BANNED

Another shit concept by Bendis

Guy should be restricted to writing Daredevil and Daredevil only.