Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Suicide Squad's" Worldwide Haul Climbs to $456 Million

Despite steep drop-offs in its second weekend, the Warner Bros. film held on to the top spot at the U.S. and overseas box offices.

Full article here.

Box Office Mojo says $465.3 million.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Box Office Mojo says $465.3 million.
    Lol sometimes i think they are trolling us

The article itself says 465 million. Looks like CBR needs a proofreader ASAP.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    The article itself says 465 million. Looks like CBR needs a proofreader ASAP.
    Do they pay?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Nice to see that even without the Chinese market the film is still making a good worldwide Box Office. It should definitely reach 600 million by the time it leaves theatres.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Nice to see that even without the Chinese market the film is still making a good worldwide Box Office. It should definitely reach 600 million by the time it leaves theatres.
    I'm (cautiously) optimistic that this movie will cross the 650 million mark when all is said and done.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Amazing Member

It's currently still making more money day by day than GOTG. If you compare the second weekend of the two films, Suicide Squad made more. If the pattern continues, Suicide Squad should be able to pull in close to an additional $100 million in the U.S. alone before it's run ends. There are not a great deal of huge films set to open any time soon. I think this film will challenge the $700 million worldwide number.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by glantern35 View Post
    It's currently still making more money day by day than GOTG. If you compare the second weekend of the two films, Suicide Squad made more. If the pattern continues, Suicide Squad should be able to pull in close to an additional $100 million in the U.S. alone before it's run ends. There are not a great deal of huge films set to open any time soon. I think this film will challenge the $700 million worldwide number.
    None of which is likely to dissuade certain people from continuing to try and argue that the film is a bust.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    None of which is likely to dissuade certain people from continuing to try and argue that the film is a bust.
    Or that the DCU is in serious trouble and needs a reboot or something.

Mighty Member

I think you are spot on with your guesstimate! The movie did very well at the box office, so that's a win for WB/DC...

The only thing that is a bit worrisome is A) The box office is reliant on a huge opening weekend as these movies have no legs. What happens when that doesn't happen? and related B) What happens when the fanbase starts to inevitably shrink after movie X?

I thing WB/DC would be smart to recognize were there is room for improvement, make their movies better, and get the GA more into the films. It can only help the franchise grow and prosper.

Edit: I also think fans would be smart to put a more positive and welcoming message for these movies. Because: "Everyone who didn't like this movie is stupid or biased or paid off to say so?" and "This movie is awesome because reasons!" doesn't really convince the average person to see the movie. Maybe we should try telling people what we liked about the movie and how cool specific things were?
    Last edited by solletaire; 08-14-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

People championing Suicide Squad's "doom" are like the donkey from Family Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    i mean they keep reporting it has to make about 700-800 mil to break even...

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    Who is "they" though? I keep seeing the $700-800 million to break even (for a film that cost $178 million to make) and the numbers don't make sense. It's like the ominous "they" made a number up.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post

See I just find that odd considering the film didn't even cost 200 million to make? Do movie studios really waste 3-4× the budget of a film promoting it? Cause if so, thats crazy!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!