Default Silver Surfer 200 only 32 pages?

I didn't see a thread for this so here it is. There was a CBR link

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-marvel-...er-surfer-200/

Saying that the issue would be a 40 page oversize anniversary issue...well I purchased it through comixology and it was only 32 pages. Anyone else notice this?

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they meant 40 pgs with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    I didn't see a thread for this so here it is. There was a CBR link

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-marvel-...er-surfer-200/

Saying that the issue would be a 40 page oversize anniversary issue...well I purchased it through comixology and it was only 32 pages. Anyone else notice this?
    sollicits are including the ads.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Probably included the front and back cover as well.

Btw. The Surfer's book started in the 1960s didn't it? It's taken him about 50 years to reach 200 issues? Talk about a slow burner!

The actual comic on my couch is 40 pg including ads. The story is 25 pages and there are two letter pages, a page on the Eisner award, a two page cover gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Probably included the front and back cover as well.

Btw. The Surfer's book started in the 1960s didn't it? It's taken him about 50 years to reach 200 issues? Talk about a slow burner!
    Volume One: 1-18 from 1968
    Volume Two: a one-shot from 1982
    Volume Three: 1-146 from 1987
    Volume Four: 1-14 from 2004
    Volume Five: 1-15 from 2014
    Volume Six: 1-6 from 2016

And vols 5 and 6 are actually one run, renumbered as part of the linewide ANAD Marvel relaunch. Which means at 21 issues, the current run is Norrin's second longest.

Well, I'll start then

Dawns mother is cold. The way she slinked away when Dawn was lying there and needed blood, and Dawn saw her mum turn and walk away from her? Not a fan. I can see why Dawn didn't want to come from a woman like that, when Dawn had shown such heroic attributes herself in her adventures with the Silver Surfer.

But then, look at what Dawn was doing. Isn't Dawns mum looking for her Silver Surfer in life too? Isn't what Dawns mum did, walking away from the mundane to find the dreams of what she wanted in life and only found it in paintings, just like Dawn walking away to get the adventure in her life with her surfer. "Why San Francisco" indeed? That was Dawns question to her mum before her mum opened the door. There are the best surf beaches in and around San Fran as I drove down the coast to Monterey, and that's where Dawns mum was looking for her surfer too.

Spoilers

Some unusual Cephalopods came from Earths core to the surface to feed on Surfers life force, and Norrin and Spidey had to fend them off as Dawn was talking to her mom. Dawn was sent away by mum, and ran into the melee and got attacked, loosing blood, and that's when mum turned away. Surfer got her to Anchor bay and a transfusion, and the pods slinked back into the Earth, but Dawn wanted Surfer to take her away to space without even a goodbye to family leaving them stranded there at the dinner table.

End of Spoilers

It was a very tragic story of family and the revelation of who you really are hits Dawn in the face pretty hard. A very great story by Slott and the Allreds.
    Last edited by jackolover; 09-04-2016 at 05:06 PM.