View Poll Results: How has “Marvel hating the X-Men” affected your buying habits?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buying less/nothing

110 69.18%
  • No impact

39 24.53%
  • Currently buying more

10 6.29%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I have to say buying less. The worst part about it is the lack of X-men in gaming is really frustrating. Limiting merchandising on top of lack luster X-books are a serious bummer. It's getting so bad i have to hope X-characters get the Sunspot treatment and get a chance to shine outside of the X-franchise.
    I was pretty bummed about the lego game sequel. Felt really hollow without the X-Men and FF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I was pretty bummed about the lego game sequel. Felt really hollow without the X-Men and FF.
    It being an adaption of the MCU, I don't see how the FF and X-Men belong anywhere inthere.

Buying much less, basically nothing. I just lost all interest in Marvel, although it's not really because they hate the X-Men. Post-AvX X-Men was pretty boring, save a few exceptions, so I lost interest in them, and as a consequence I lost interest in the rest of the Marvel line.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Ive always been an omni and trade waiter, so its business as usual for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It being an adaption of the MCU, I don't see how the FF and X-Men belong anywhere inthere.
    Well it was and it wasn't. It used the exact same map and character models from the first game so it was a sequel it just had less than the first game.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I have certain books that I really enjoy from Marvel. I still buy a lot of their comics, but in all honesty some of them are more for the legacy runs of a title that I have. By the time October roles around I will be reading much less than I am now. This doesn't just stand for Marvel though. Comics just aren't what they used to be for me as a whole.

the only X- book 'm buying currently is X-Men 92, it's the rare bright spot in an otherwise dismal x-field. I'm enjoying the stories and the art's good as well.
    It's pretty much the type of book that made me an x-men fan in the first place.

I'm also getting uncanny avengers since Rogue is in it, (but not really an x book I guess), I like Duggan's writing, and while pepe Larraz is drawing it so is the art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Well it was and it wasn't. It used the exact same map and character models from the first game so it was a sequel it just had less than the first game.
    It has Devil Dinosaur and Fing Fan Foom as playable characters. That's enough for me to make it superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That was the excuse for cutting out the X-Men and F4. I don't blame the game makers though as its clear its a directive.

And yes I wish we had gotten another X-game with at least the pre made characters they had in the first in the new X-Men LEGOs game. That would have cost the game makers nothing, but Marvel is trying to squeeze the X-Man brand at least until a Sony like deal happens.

It pains me somewhat that Deadpool did so well because it makes such a deal all the harder and with out it the X-Men don't have a future.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-15-2016 at 02:47 PM.

I went from spending about hundred a month on XBooks alone , to maybe 15$ a month, to 0$ a month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That was the excuse for cutting out the X-Men and F4.
    Of course it wasn't.
    They don't actually need an excuse not to use certain characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I went from spending about hundred a month on XBooks alone , to maybe 15$ a month, to 0$ a month.
    How do you spend that much on X-books alone? That's roughly 25-33 books.

Astonishing Member

Marvel's not telling very many stories I want to read. They are not giving me the Mutant associated stuff I want to read, and it seems to just be about stunt casting, the hero you know being played by someone you don't across the line, usually good once in a blue moon but now it has lost it's appeal. Beta Ray Bill rocked because it had been years since Red Norvel supplanted Thor, now there is someone new every other issue, since the Superior Spiderman. I buy a few Marvel books out of habit like Uncanny Xmen but I haven't really enjoyed one since Secret Wars. I might give the Dr Doom book a try but not expecting much.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

...I read the Ultimates and Deadpool V Gambit... once DvG is gone, I'll just be reading the Ultimates...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I think I'm buying more Marvel books overall, but that's only because I buy digital codes at half of the cover price from online sellers. The X-books I buy continually are Uncanny, Ex-Men, OML, and All New Wolverine. Since I've gone all digital with Marvel, I started reading more books like Black Panther, Spider-Man, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur and Spider-Man/Deadpool. I picked up the first arcs from recent books like Howard the Duck, Doctor Strange, and Ms. Marvel in a comiXology sale, but I haven't read them. I think this is the most Marvel material I've read during any period in my years.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children