View Poll Results: How has “Marvel hating the X-Men” affected your buying habits?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buying less/nothing

110 69.18%
  • No impact

39 24.53%
  • Currently buying more

10 6.29%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I guess I'm the odd ball of the bunch. I'm in the "Currently buying more" category. Even though I do think that Marvel's attitude with Fox is a little petty I still buy Marvel and X-men comics. I'm also pretty new to X-men comics overall so there is a whole bunch of X-men comics that I haven't read yet. I actually like Extraordinary X-men, at least the first volume so far at least. I haven't started the current run on Uncanny X-men yet so I can't judge that one yet. For some weird reason the only store that I know that sells comics on City Island only sells X-men, and only ones from the 80's and 90's too. I'm not complaining, its just odd.

Recently dropped Extraordinary and All New X-Men I just lost interest on both books.

I still have Uncanny, OML, ANW in my pulls. I do have some other Marvel books as well but lately been reading more DC and Image now.

BANNED

It's over. But I will ALWAYS REMEMBER Claremont's UXM.♥

A-L-W-A-Y-S

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, yeah, it's a free country. Besides, how many of us created an account just to say something too ?.
    And you responded just to say that? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon Based Stickler View Post
    And you responded just to say that? Wow.
    Yep. I was just bored.

The only thing afecting my x-men purchases is the quality of the books, but this situation realy made me lose interess on some other franchisings that I could have possibly grown to like.
    For example there was a time I was kinda getting to like the avengers,and the inhumans were always interesting to me and I wished we had more stories about them like silent war , now I can´t enjoy neither of those, amougst other marvel characthers.
    Besides the x-men the only things that I enjoy in marvel is thor and mystical side of the Marvel universe, scarlet witch, kamala and moon girl.

In huge contrast im truly becoming a Dc fan after years of thinking of it as the inferior comic book company.
    justice league, wonder woman, harley quinn, suicide squad, arrow, the latest detective comics, batman etc were added to my list and I couldnt be more happy about it, wich is new comparing to my experience of marvel comics lately.
    Last edited by myeldermoon; 08-15-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Honestly, it hasn't. I think Marvel is doing fantastic work elsewhere that I can't help but support those creative team's efforts. The Mighty Thor, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Ms. Marvel...these are just some really great, well-developed, and progressive takes on strong female characters that I wish Marvel could extend to the X-Men. Vision is also a must-read every month.

I would love to boycott with the Complexers, but I will always support what I think is good.

Yes. The only Marvel titles I'm getting now are Extraordinary, Uncanny, OML, and Black Widow (which I'm considering dropping). I was buying a bunch of Marvel titles but I'm not supporting their line like I used to.

Unglaublich!

I've been an X-fan for as long as I can remember. I grew up with Claremont and Simonson's writing on the titles. I stopped buying and reading for a long time (Uncanny 284 and X-Men 10 respectively) because it just didn't interest me at that point.

Years later, a friend of mine bought a copy of Essential X-Men (a UK compilation) that was in the middle of the AOA storyline and that rekindled my interest. I hunted down every back issue that I was missing and got caught up again. And that continued until the end of Morrison's Planet X storyline, at which point I gave up again because his version of the X-Men was so far away from what I enjoyed back in the day.

But years later again, I returned and got caught up on everything I'd missed and I loyally support the X-Titles to this day. But outside of them, not much of what Marvel is producing actually interests me. I don't think it's because of their marginalisation of my favourite characters, but more to do with the fact that the X-Men were really the only comic that I connected with back in my youth. I tried Spider Man, Daredevil and Black Panther decades ago but there was never really anything that compelled me to stick as a reader.

So all I buy now is the X-Titles (and the Walking Dead) and I think that'll be the state of things until I just stop buying completely. In fairness, I buy more from loyalty than for enjoyment now, although Bunn's Uncanny is pretty much the most "authentic" title since Claremont's iconic run. But then I was a big fan of Scott Lobdell (once I'd caught up) so what do I know....? Ha!

Don't care about X-Men merchandise, only the comics, and would buy them if they were good. Currently they are not, but that could always change.

BANNED

The entire X Men comic franchise technically ended with Schism in my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    The entire X Men comic franchise technically ended with Schism in my opinion.
    I would say it ended with House Of M, the story that ended the concept of Mutants as a viable species.

Niffleheim

After the first arc I dropped Uncanny and Extraordinary X-Men all due to the writers writing my favorite character as an ineffective leader/character. I'm supporting a lot of other books than i used to because at this moment the X-Line just seems uninspired and reads more like fanfic.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-15-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I have to say buying less. The worst part about it is the lack of X-men in gaming is really frustrating. Limiting merchandising on top of lack luster X-books are a serious bummer. It's getting so bad i have to hope X-characters get the Sunspot treatment and get a chance to shine outside of the X-franchise.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Bizarrely John Stewart would have been perfect ... he's just a better character than Hal Jordan anyway. Fair more compelling and less generic.
    Whaaaaaaaat? Just ... no. No.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000