Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Guaranteed?

...damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds123 View Post
    as cool as it is to see storm break the Crimson bands, I have to ask why are the X men even here I think they have more important things to deal with,like there race being killed off. I would be more interesting to see the inhumans fighting each other instead
    The X-Men have their own tie-in to the event.

I think Magneto wants Ulyssess, and Storms side wants to prevent a mutant/inhuman war over it.

So...Iron Man just used a tazer blast on Captain Marvel? Seriously ?

I'm guessing the continuity error is that now Strange can't use his magic anymore? Not that anyone should be surprised, given who's still writing this event .

Of course, I'm sure there are a few fans who would like to pretend Last Days of Magic didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Meh, Cap had Cassie Lang fight with him in the first Civil War and nobody ever tried stopping Peter Parker when he first became a superhero so just let them do their thing. They put on a mask and they are guaranteed a resurrection anyways.
    The difference being Cassie, along with the other Young Avengers, were being hunted down because they wouldn't sign the SRA. They didn't have a choice but to fight, and the Young Avengers by that point had a lot more experience then Riri does. She really does not have any business being in this fight.

Nobody knew how old Spider-Man was until he actually outed himself in Civil War. Unlike the Ultimate Universe, most people didn't figure out he was a kid the first time they met him.
    Last edited by Frontier; 08-15-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The X-Men have their own tie-in to the event.

I think Magneto wants Ulyssess, and Storms side wants to prevent a mutant/inhuman war over it.
    Thats true in that X men tie in, but the main reason there fighting is that magneto is going to attack the inhumans and cause a war with them. in the main civil war book we have the all new X men team siding with stark, when there whole deal is they want to change the future, and makes more scense to have all new side with Danvers, magnetos team never appears in the main civil war book, in the main conflict the X men do not care who wins they just want Ulysses's help in saving there race. Unless Stark is going to kill him or magneto is attacking the inhumans they have no reason to be fighting in the main civil war book

Since when did Bendis ever let continuity get in the way of what he thought was a cool story?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Quote Originally Posted by myeldermoon View Post
    isnŽt magic deadŽer than uncle ben right now? Where did he get those ribbons? He probably has a sailor venus transformation pen hidden somewhere....
    In all fairness I think most books are ignoring the idea that magic is dead at the moment.

Thats true in that X men tie in, but the main reason there fighting is that magneto is going to attack the inhumans and cause a war with them. in the main civil war book we have the all new X men team siding with stark, when there whole deal is they want to change the future, and makes more scense to have all new side with Danvers, magnetos team never appears in the main civil war book, in the main conflict the X men do not care who wins they just want Ulysses's help in saving there race. Unless Stark is going to kill him or magneto is attacking the inhumans they have no reason to be fighting in the main civil war book
    But it was Nightcrawler who essentially is starting the fight by freeing Carol's prisoner, so that effectively does bring both Storm and Magneto's teams into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    Since when did Bendis ever let continuity get in the way of what he thought was a cool story?
    Or a "good" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Less Crimson BANDS and more so Crimson THREADS?
    More like the Crimson Laces of Cytorrak.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given that the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak have historically been able to restrain the Hulk (that's how Dr. Strange would keep him in check when they were Defenders), these 'crimson bands' sure do seem weaker...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Maybe that's the tip off(?) that magic is not "fully" restored(?)

No-prize, or whatever? <shrug>

Less Crimson BANDS and more so Crimson THREADS?

Maybe Storm's just been working out tho

No? Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...Iron Man just used a tazer blast on Captain Marvel? Seriously ?

I'm guessing the continuity error is that now Strange can't use his magic anymore? Not that anyone should be surprised, given who's still writing this event .

Of course, I'm sure there are a few fans who would like to pretend Last Days of Magic didn't happen...

The difference being Cassie, along with the other Young Avengers, were being hunted down because they wouldn't sign the SRA. They didn't have a choice but to fight, and the Young Avengers by that point had a lot more experience then Riri does. She really does not have any business being in this fight.

Nobody knew how old Spider-Man was until he actually outed himself in Civil War. Unlike the Ultimate Universe, most people didn't figure out he was a kid the first time they met him.
    I think you're forgetting that Civil War II was written way before Last Days of Magic. Jason Aaron is the one in the wrong here. Any changes conflicting with CWII were the writers' fault, not Bendis'.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Given that the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak have historically been able to restrain the Hulk (that's how Dr. Strange would keep him in check when they were Defenders), these 'crimson bands' sure do seem weaker...
    Yeah, it's a little off. O_o
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

as cool as it is to see storm break the Crimson bands, I have to ask why are the X men even here I think they have more important things to deal with,like there race being killed off. I would be more interesting to see the inhumans fighting each other instead

Because if they're not apart of it people will complain

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Sorry but where is this taken out by a tazer bit on the page?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Sorry but where is this taken out by a tazer bit on the page?
    The long, side, panel to the left.

Carol looks like she's been electrocuted while Iron Man's armor is re-forming from being a weapon of some sort.