Super Moderator

Default On the Road: Great Superhero Road Trip Stories

With Batman going on a road trip in "All-Star Batman," CBR spotlights more notable superhero road trips starring your favorite comic book heroes.

Full article here.

I rather enjoyed the recent Bizarro mini-series, which was a fun road trip.
    Pull list (issues or trades):
    DC Batman Batgirl Bizarro Dr. Fate Superman
    Vertigo Sandman Fables Astro City Vertigo Quarterly
    Marvel Miracleman Thors Ms. Marvel
    Other Lazarus Buffy Angel & Faith Saga

there should be a road trip mini-series with Black Panther and Luke Cage.

Amazing Member

Ed brubakers catwoman wild ride was really good
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Green Lantern/Green Arrow remains my all-time favorite superhero road trip story.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

I'm a sucker for a good road trip story. It's why I really want a new Ghost Rider ongoing with a road trip theme.

Has Green Lantern/Green Arrow aged well? Because I still remember that panel of a black guy chewing out GL for not helping black people... y'know, the ones that live on Earth which he protects. Is it still good? Or was it jsut good for its time? Intewrested that a Guardian joined them. It's so weird considering their characterisation these days. Unless it was Ganthet. Or, I dunno if he existed before, but the current hippy one in Green Lanterns.

I've always liked the IDEA of Cap has Nomad, but I've never read it myself. Plus, ugly costume. But if it's a road trip, why not!

Dazzler... sounds really, really interesting!

The Captain stuff sounds cool! I'm a sucker for a nomadic, non-Captain America Steve Rogers. But Vagabond? Really?

Daredevil just sounds... weird. Also, not a Nocenti fan at all. Maybe she used to be good, but I haven't read any of her older stuff. Her recent stuff is just horrible.

Wolverine sounds kinda boring, tbh. Aside from meeting Deadpool, just doesn't sound spectacular. Learning about the adamantium process doesn't sound interesting to me, but that's only because everyone knows the basics of Logan's origin by this point.

The Rogue and Iceman thing at least LOOKS like a road trip comic! A character-focused roadtrip? Surprised the X-Men don't do them more often! Seems like it really suits them! What issues are these? I wanna give it a read.

Yay, more mutant road trips! While I'm not a big fan of these characters (I need Magik or Rahne on anything New Mutants related) this sounds cool. But it's collected, so boo. Because that was the crossover-heavy X-Men era and, well, it's X-Force. Unless it's the typical black ops X-Force featuring an A-lister, it's probs not being collected.

"Archer's Quest" sounds cool. I think Green Arrow really works well with a nomadic vibe. And with Roy Harper as well? Fuck yeah. I've been meaning to read Green Arrow starting from Grell, so I might work my way through it, then Smith, then Meltzer.

Superman Grounded... ugh. The JMS issues were just... why? JMS CAN do this kind of story (see his amazing Thor run), but Superman Grounded was just JMS spouting pseudo-philosophical bs. If I wanted a philosophy lecture, I'd go to one. Still one of the worst scenes from this comic:
    superman-and-magical-white-child-1292744492.jpg
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Two men. One drives, the other shoots. In their prime, they were the Highwaymen; a special breed of couriers capable of ferrying anything, anywhere, anytime. But that was long ago. Now Able "Speed" Monroe and Alistair McQueen are a little worse for wear, almost obsolete...until they are called out of retirement and must cross the river of bad blood between them to deliver some very dangerous cargo for a dead President. If only they knew what is was — and why everyone else wants to kill them for it.