Super Moderator

Default "Guardians of the Galaxy's" Gunn Has "Had Opportunities" To Direct DC Films

James Gunn also revealed which female hero he'd most like to direct -- and the answer may surprise you.

Full article here.

James Gunn doing Swampthing? Yes plz..... he made groot a house hold name, imagine what he could do for Swampthing

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

I would throw all the moneys at him to get a James Gunn Metal Men movie. The Cassie Cain thing makes me like Gunn even more which was already alot.

Marvel needs to pay him to stay.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would be cool with Gunn making a Metal Men or Swamp Thing film.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Marvel needs to pay him to stay.
    This is not the contract system of the 1940s. Any director/actor can go wherever they want

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    This is not the contract system of the 1940s. Any director/actor can go wherever they want
    Yeah wasn't Mulvey in TWS? He stared in BvS.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I would be cool with Gunn making a Metal Men or Swamp Thing film.
    Metal Men, yes. Swamp Thing, no — because "The Anatomy Lesson" needs to be adapted. It can't be campy nor corny in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskHarlekin View Post
    I would throw all the moneys at him to get a James Gunn Metal Men movie.
    Quoted for truth.

BANNED

I've wanted a movie adaptation of Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing for years.

But there's no way in hell I would have faith in the current brain trust behind the DCEU to pull it off effectively.

Don't think Gunn would be the right guy for the job though. Would want someone like Guillermo del Toro in charge. And that's an adaptation that has to be R rated IMO.

OK, my dislike for James Gunn and his work at Marvel is well-documented, but I'd still give a kidney (I don't drink alcohol, so no biggie) to see a creator-driven movie, written and directed by him, starring Batgirl Cassandra Cain!

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    I've wanted a movie adaptation of Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing for years.

But there's no way in hell I would have faith in the current brain trust behind the DCEU to pull it off effectively.

Don't think Gunn would be the right guy for the job though. Would want someone like Guillermo del Toro in charge. And that's an adaptation that has to be R rated IMO.
    Yes, it would have R-rated. They couldn't pussyfoot around that. It doesn't need to be $200M, either. It can be a $125M production. It should utilize both practical and computer-generated VFX. It would also benefit from a cast composed largely of lesser-knowns.

Not sure why you think the current committee wouldn't let it happen with Geoff Johns there.

well, now there's reports that there is no gotg sequel after #2. so if that's the case, then i think it's time for him to move to dc assuming he is still interested.

shazam will still need a director, and i think a metal men movie from him could be very awesome. give him batgirl if he's really interested!