Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Civil War II" Extended to Eight Issues

Writer Brian Michael Bendis addressed "Civil War II" #5's delay and revealed that Marvel has greenlit an extra issue for the series.

Full article here.

So Marvel Now is just gonna be that awkward/bad SW to ANAD Marvel roll out again, ain't it?

Isn't "The Oath" enough of an epilogue for Civil War II? Do we really need to give this another issue to draw this event out even more ?

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Seriously, I am so glad I dropped this piece of crap early on. IS anyone actually enjoying this thing? From what I can tell the only people reading it are doing so out of obligation.

Marvel seriously need to stop giving Bendis events. Taht, or let him think one up, then give that premise to someone who can actually write it well. Because he's got good IDEAS for crossovers... he just sucks at execution.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 08-15-2016 at 09:41 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't "The Oath" enough of an epilogue for Civil War II? Do we really need to give this another issue to draw this event out even more ?
    So now we will pay for an extra issue while I'm betting that the content for issues 5,6, and 7 is cut down a little bit to make it easier for the artist. Didn't this happen for Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That along with the 0 issue and this 8th issue, the full series will be at 10 issues.

CW2 is about all Marvel has that's really been competing with the Rebirth titles, and they're not going to have an issue out in August. Maybe they're trying to make it up on the back end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    That along with the 0 issue and this 8th issue, the full series will be at 10 issues.
    And I'm betting that Lee and Kirby could have told it better using five issues or less

Niffleheim

I didn't even complain when they did this with Secret Wars because i was loving it. I'm not going to whine about this but it is

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This is what has been wrong with Marvel events for so long now. When you start them up they should be totally planned out and things set in place to follow them. When you are changing things up in the middle of things it just shows that there is no plan in place which is why every event lately has had such a **** ending, especially those written by Bendis. Every event he writes start off strong and then limps to the finish line. The man is not a closer.

This is looks bad not only to Bendis but to the people above him who don't seem to have any idea what they are doing yet again and just winging it as they go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Seriously, I am so glad I dropped this piece of crap early on. IS anyone actually enjoying this thing? From what I can tell the only people reading it are doing so out of obligation.

Marvel seriously need to stop giving Bendis events. Taht, or let him think one up, then give that premise to someone who can actually write it well. Because he's got good IDEAS for crossovers... he just sucks at execution.
    Or stop doing events, maybe even better pace them out, but we all know the likelihood of that is as likely as Bendis never writing an event again .

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

And yet again everything regarding the ending will be spoiled in advance by the titles which should have come after, not that we didn't know anyway.

The delays are because David Marquez's wife literally just had a child...shouldn't people kind of forgive the delay?

ps
    I'm really enjoying CWII as well so maybe that has something to do with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The delays are because David Marquez's wife literally just had a child...shouldn't people kind of forgive the delay?

ps
    Oh, and I was just going to rant about how much I hate Bendis. Nevermind. Congrats to Mr. And Mrs. Marquez.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post

ps
    I'm enjoying it too but around here there is no point admitting to it as you can see We are in the Negative Zone.