Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Default Batman #5 Preview/Discussion

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...sive-batman-5/

I am predicting the death of Gotham (the character).

Alfred as Batman FTW!
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-15-2016 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

GOAT supporting character

AHHAHAHAH, I remember see this in Batman Brave and Bold because Lex Luthor appears in the Batcave.

batfred.jpg

As batman said: Good Job, Alfred.

Last edited by adrikito; 08-15-2016 at 10:56 AM.

I'm dying here.

Hilarious. This book has been so funny.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Man, Alfred is so great in this scene. I thought King was going too much, too soon with Batman's dying speech in #1, but this feels much more earned.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I just...that was just amazing .

I don't think Snyder could ever top that whole sequence. Just so much absurdity, hilarity, and awesome all packed into five pages. King's been handling Alfred far better then Snyder did in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just...that was just amazing .

I don't think Snyder could ever top that whole sequence. Just so much absurdity, hilarity, and awesome all packed into five pages. King's been handling Alfred far better then Snyder did in his run.

This is coming from a HUGE Tom King fan:

I disagree. I mean, Alfred is great here, but Snyder had some of the best Alfred/Bruce (Father/Son) moments I've read in recent memory.

Also, don't know if you meant that Snyder couldn't top that sequence as far as Alfred scenes or in general. If the latter, I'd have to disagree again. There were A LOT of awesome sequences in the Snyder/Cap run. Plus, it looked A LOT prettier too. For me so far the first four issues of new 52 Batman have been better than the first four issues of Rebirth Batman. King has yet to give a sequence as awesome as when Batman finds all the CoO hideouts in the "13th floor" of the Wayne buildings. And I'm all but certain (unless something really really good happens) that issue five won't top new 52 issue five (one of the best single issues of the entire new 52).

Still really enjoying this book though, and that's what really matters. And this preview looks to continue the trend of an enjoyable Batman title. I just can't wait until Janin comes on board. Have a feeling the book will be firing on all cylinders by then.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-15-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Sooooo anyone else think Gotham is biting the bullet in this issue?

I'm Batman
    when did this line become such a meme and have potential for comedy
    Nice preview

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I'm Batman
    when did this line become such a meme and have potential for comedy
    Nice preview
    I'd say since 1989.

BANNED

Alfred is the best. He's one of those few characters who everyone likes, and if they got rid of him it would be heartbreaking. I really hope Snyder doesn't screw him up in All-Star, I'm a little nervous about that.

But that was a solid preview, this run was kind of disappointing at the start but I am excited to see this storyline conclude. Now I know how to go into a Tom King story from now on, expect the best bits at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Alfred is the best. He's one of those few characters who everyone likes, and if they got rid of him it would be heartbreaking. I really hope Snyder doesn't screw him up in All-Star, I'm a little nervous about that.

But that was a solid preview, this run was kind of disappointing at the start but I am excited to see this storyline conclude. Now I know how to go into a Tom King story from now on, expect the best bits at the very end.
    Don't know why Snyder would "screw up" Alfred since he's always written him extremely well.

Not all of Tom King's stories save the best for the end (Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon, and Grayson I'm looking at you). Plus, this series started with a pretty action packed first issue, so I'm not sure he waiting until the end here, either.

Incredible Member

best alfred

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Alfred as Batman is a hilarious nod to the Adam West show (and maybe a few silver age comic instances).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”