Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Alfred as Batman is a hilarious nod to the Adam West show (and maybe a few silver age comic instances).
    Maybe a Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader reference too?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Alfred is awesome. His Batman is pure gold.

BANNED

This was the single most dumbest preview i've ever read....

Tom King, don't leave Batman comics! <3

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Maybe a Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader reference too?
    Uh no, I doubt that. No offense to that story, but it's not nearly pop culture like the Adam West show is.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Uh no, I doubt that. No offense to that story, but it's not nearly pop culture like the Adam West show is.
    Did you read Grayson #12?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well nothing is stopping, as far as I know, King from referencing less iconic stories/series.

Having just finished it, the only thing I'll say (and really can say) right now is wow.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Another "not bad" issue, but it's still not deserving of being called great.

Love Alfred moment and Duke and Gotham girl moment was good too. The rest were meh.

It's my least favorite of rebirth books I'm reading this week.

BANNED

So GG just happened to smash Damian's Robin suit of all things so that Duke can follow up with "so that happened", Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, in before King delivers a massive twitter rant explaining why he doesn't write Damian/Robin.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 08-17-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Always Rakzo

Didn't like this so much. There's not as much repetition as in the last issue but I'm still not invested in King's dailogue, the characters can speak in weird ways sometimes to get to the point.

Also, the story itself is not that interesting. Some solid character bits here and there but the conflict is not really engaging and I don't understand what was the point of the Justice League inclusion if they did basically nothing.

Enjoyable character moments, though the League showing up was a bit odd since they couldn't show up in #1. I mean, not completely ridiculous, but it did throw a bit of dissonance into that plot construction.

However, who exactly did Gotham Girl marry? It seems like it's implying Duke, but is this more Psycho Pirate delusion?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So GG just happened to smash Damian's Robin suit of all things so that Duke can follow up with "so that happened", Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk, in before King delivers a massive twitter rant explaining why he doesn't write Damian/Robin.
    You are reaching pretty hard here. Especially for a guy who just wrote a Robin War crossover and has made it pretty clear Dick Grayson is his favorite Batman character.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You are reaching pretty hard here. Especially for a guy who just wrote a Robin War crossover and has made it pretty clear Dick Grayson is his favorite Batman character.
    I wouldn't expect anything less than leaps of logic and blowing this outta proportion. Seems like that's been the trend here the last week.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-17-2016 at 09:13 AM.

I liked this. But I'm seriously hoping they are not building towards yet another "Death of Batman" story.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I liked this. But I'm seriously hoping they are not building towards yet another "Death of Batman" story.
    I mean, that's exactly what the issue teased so..