Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, that's exactly what the issue teased so..
    Oh for sure, just hoping there's more to it than that, he literally just came back.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Oh for sure, just hoping there's more to it than that, he literally just came back.
    If it does happen it will be long in the future unless GG and Duke are eloping soon. I assume this is like Morrison't 666 issue tease. A future not likely to ever come about

Good issue
    RIP Gotham you were a lot younger than you appeared
    Not everyone can be Billy Batson especially in Gotham City

Gotham Girl Year one is next
    I wish this story featured more of Gotham Girl and now we are getting that

Poor Gotham. Al definitely stole the show though. In fact throughout this series King's Alfred and his voice for him has been quite a treat.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-17-2016 at 11:13 AM.

So, who in the DCU has enough mojo to "sell" Gotham and Gotham Girl access to Superman-level powers? Originally, I thought Hugo Strange was going to be their creator, but this seems to be beyond his ability. I wonder if this could tie in with Mr. Oz or something/someone else in Rebirth

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Absolutely loved the issue. Alfred really stole the show for me here.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    So, who in the DCU has enough mojo to "sell" Gotham and Gotham Girl access to Superman-level powers? Originally, I thought Hugo Strange was going to be their creator, but this seems to be beyond his ability. I wonder if this could tie in with Mr. Oz or something/someone else in Rebirth
    I'm guessing that it has something to do with Mr. Oz or possibly Dr. M. and that it is connected to the overall mystery of Rebirth. Like with Superman I believe that Batman's skills are being tested here.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-17-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

he beat the Justice League?!

hahahahaha the Batbook never fails to chump out the rest of the Justice League I love it.
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

So, who in the DCU has enough mojo to "sell" Gotham and Gotham Girl access to Superman-level powers?
    Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Okay, so Gotham beats the JL, but Gotham Girl beats him? The previous issues hinted that he was more powerful than her. So how can she beat him when he just took down the JL?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Okay, so Gotham beats the JL, but Gotham Girl beats him? The previous issues hinted that he was more powerful than her. So how can she beat him when he just took down the JL?
    I assume because using his powers at max levels had depleted most of his life energy at that point. They also made it clear that his power levels fluctuated depending on who he was fighting, so he wasn't more powerful than her, nor was he expecting her to swoop in like that. You could argue that at that point his powers were down-leveled to take on Batman
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 08-17-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I assume because using his powers at max levels had depleted most of his life energy at that point. They also made it clear that his power levels fluctuated depending on who he was fighting, so he wasn't more powerful than her, nor was he expecting her to swoop in like that. You could argue that at that point his powers were down-leveled to take on Batman
    That kind of makes sense, even though it never said it in the comic, so the reader has to assume it. And I don't like it when we have to assume something.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Nice red boots, Supes. (Whoops Jordie!)

Anyway, that was a pretty good finish. The end was a little odd. Only thing I can think of is maybe that's The Pirate skewing her thoughts. It doesn't seem like it's one of those "alternate future" type of scenarios, so that's the only thing I can think of. Also, for all the praise a lot of us have been throwing Finch's way since this arc started, he really struggles with drawing the chest batsymbol.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-17-2016 at 03:33 PM.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post

They can change their power levels. So, he either used so much of his levels against the JL that he was weaker than GG, or once G knew He was fighting GG, he adjusted his powers because it's his sister.

Or this.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-17-2016 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Gotham Girl year one doesn't sound very interesting. We barely know her character, I don't see why more of her is supposed to be so exciting.

Other than that, fine issue. I did enjoy the interaction between Gotham Girl and Tim Dr... I mean, Duke Thomas. Decent writing for those moments. Other than that I think the 1st half of the issue was more fun, with the Alfred scene and Batman engaging Gotham on his own. The arrival of the JL was kind of badass, the payoff was a bit weak though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Great read. Gotham's death was inevitable, but no less sad. The League getting trounced was a bit eye roll worthy, but at least Batman didn't do it himself for a change. Indeed, he would have been f****d if they hadn't shown up when they did, so this is still a far cry from Bat-God.

I'm very interested to see where Claire's story goes from here, and just what she means about Bruce's (newest lol) future death. Less thrilled that she maybe marries Duke in this possible future, which probably means we'll be seeing more of him in the present. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Gotham Girl year one doesn't sound very interesting. We barely know her character, I don't see why more of her is supposed to be so exciting.
    We're not going to get to know her unless we see more of her, right?