Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We're not going to get to know her unless we see more of her, right?
    I'm just saying it's not a very effective tease.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    he beat the Justice League?!

hahahahaha the Batbook never fails to chump out the rest of the Justice League I love it.
    Batman doesn't beat him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    That kind of makes sense, even though it never said it in the comic, so the reader has to assume it. And I don't like it when we have to assume something.
    That fighting on that level uses up his powers and life force quickly is explicitly stated in the comic. It's not a wild assumption, it's the most basic of logical connections.

Anyway, this was great, King's great, this run is great, best Batman stuff since Morrison. Couldn't be looking forward to what's coming next more. And King totally fooled me regarding Gotham's power, I thought he was just being really inconsistent with it (which according to his Newsarama, it what he was hoping). But then, I'm not Batman.
    Buh-bye

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Batman doesn't beat him either.

That fighting on that level uses up his powers and life force quickly is explicitly stated in the comic. It's not a wild assumption, it's the most basic of logical connections.
    At the time he had just beat the JL, so you would assume that he was at the top of his power levels, not weaker.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Teasing Batman's death in the first arc after he dons his cape and cowl after a prolonged period of time isn't the best way to draw me in. He'll have "died" three times in the past 8 years.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

At the time he had just beat the JL, so you would assume that he was at the top of his power levels, not weaker.
    It wasn't a matter of being weaker, it was a matter of nearly being dead.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    It wasn't a matter of being weaker, it was a matter of nearly being dead.
    ^ This. He loses his mind and runs out of control, I assume Gotham expended the rest of his years of life in his fight with JL. Basically he died by his own hand, G.Girl only finished him.

Good issue in general.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This was a great issue, did a great job of of wrapping up the storyline while setting up for Gotham Girls future.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Teasing Batman's death in the first arc after he dons his cape and cowl after a prolonged period of time isn't the best way to draw me in. He'll have "died" three times in the past 8 years.
    It's possible that she's delusional. Like her brother, but perhaps on a lesser level, she seems a bit Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. The death and relationship with Duke could all be fantasy.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Ya this is my problem as well. I mean, again, srsly? I did like this first arc, nice combination of action, humour and plot twists, but that ending doesn't leave much to look forward too. Seems that every writter that has a prolonged run on Batman wants to do a death of Batman story. Getting old at this point. But maybe I'm overreacting, let's see where King goes with this.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

The more he uses his powers the the weaker he gets "he can be a mortal for decades....a God for hours..." (Paraphrasing). It was right there in the book.

Again, I don't think they're foreshadowing any death for Batman nor is she speaking about an alternate future. It's that Pirate is still in her brain so her thoughts are askew.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Ya this is my problem as well. I mean, again, srsly? I did like this first arc, nice combination of action, humour and plot twists, but that ending doesn't leave much to look forward too. Seems that every writter that has a prolonged run on Batman wants to do a death of Batman story. Getting old at this point. But maybe I'm overreacting, let's see where King goes with this.
    I'm going to guess that Gotham Girl is delusional and that she will only think she killed Bats. PP got to her as well after all. King might also be planning on making a bit of meta commentary on the prevalence of stories that feature major character deaths, which has gotten ridiculous IMO.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-18-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Interesting interview on Newsarama with King
    http://www.newsarama.com/30684-tom-k...he-future.html

He mentions the death of Batman part

Nrama: But Tom, you say something about Batman's death.

King: Yeah, this comes from Scott Snyder, who's probably going to kill me for sharing this. But he's one of my best friends, and he gave me this great advice. And he got the advice from Grant Morrison, who said, when you're writing Batman, you know, you're going to have a run on Batman and you have to give him a birth, and you have to give him a death. And that's your Batman. You don't own the character. The character belongs to pop culture. He belongs to everyone. The character belongs to everyone's heart.

But for you, for your Batman, you have to do that. That's your responsibility as a writer.

And I think you saw that in Grant's run and you saw it in Scott's run. And you're going to see it in my run.

I gave him a birth. I mean, he literally flew between two buildings - one was Finger and one was Kane. And he came out the other side.

And eventually, we'll give him a death.

BANNED

Enjoying this, like the art.

On par with Detective but both behind All star so far for me.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Interesting interview on Newsarama with King
    http://www.newsarama.com/30684-tom-k...he-future.html

He mentions the death of Batman part
    Considering his "birth" was metaphorical, I'm assuming his "death" will be too. He spoke earlier in the interview about wanting to get people talking about him being inconsistent so this could be a similar swerve.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    Considering his "birth" was metaphorical, I'm assuming his "death" will be too. He spoke earlier in the interview about wanting to get people talking about him being inconsistent so this could be a similar swerve.
    That sounds about right to me. Very interesting interview.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG