Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing BLM story?

saw this on bc just now. seems potentially like a good story. though not sure how it would fit into the rebirth.

i think given the current climate, that this story is fairly topical. and some version of it would be good to see light of day?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/...vor-von-eeden/

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I hope they publish it. Sounds like a good story.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

*rolling eyes* I'll pass, but for those who want to read it I hope they release it.

They did sort of tackle this issue with Batman Annual #4, though not as directly as this comic seems to be going for it. I'd definitely pick it up if it gets released, King's name can sell me on just about any comic now.

to me, there's just some things that need to be practically changed. for example, is this new52 superman? we have to update that to dad superman.

as far as the rest, this would be a good way to bring black lightning into the rebirth.

When news of the upcoming "New" Vigilante book broke, I immediately wondered why they weren't using Black Lightning to tackle this sort of Black Lives Matter story. So at the very least, it's nice to know that this story exists... I just hope we see it sooner than later.

Ultimate Member

So Trevor having issues with two editors who represent some of the worst about New 52 & DC You.

One ruined Static, Katana, Batwing & Cyborg.

The other...lets not go there.

I am sorry but this should have been out a long time ago.

Amazing Member

I would love to have read this.

Mighty Member

I want to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    to me, there's just some things that need to be practically changed. for example, is this new52 superman? we have to update that to dad superman.

as far as the rest, this would be a good way to bring black lightning into the rebirth.
    I think it would work best as just it's own special one off elseworlds like thing, which if they do intend to release it like that, I could see them waiting until rebirth is out for a fair bit so there is no confusion to this being part of Superdad's story.

As a non-American BLM means nothing to me. DC is about good stories. If you want political agenda driven stories go to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I think it would work best as just it's own special one off elseworlds like thing, which if they do intend to release it like that, I could see them waiting until rebirth is out for a fair bit so there is no confusion to this being part of Superdad's story.
    I would love to see this, but as an elseworlds story.
    I would not want to see Black Lightning dead, and I hope they do bring him back into the DC Universe.
    If DC wants to spread out more to different groups, they need to utilize their minority characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    As a non-American BLM means nothing to me. DC is about good stories. If you want political agenda driven stories go to Marvel.
    A a non-American BLM means a lot to me. DC is about good stories, and stories driven by political agendas can be just as good as stories that try to pass as apolitical. I want unabashedly political stories from both Marvel and DC.

BANNED

Tom King has also written a story titled 'Black Death in America', which you can read for free on his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/tomkingauth...86305744732169

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beorg View Post
    DC has always been political.