Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Angry DC just keep messing with Red Lantern continuity

I just read the new Green Lanterns preview and to my suprise I see Zilius Zox and Skallox next to Atrocitus. Well my problem is that Zox and Skallox are Dead! Both died in Red Lanterns. I don't know why people keep ignoring Charles Soule Red Lantern run. Cullen Bunn did this in that horrid Lobo title where he made Bleez and Rankorr follow Atrocitus again. Bleez and Rankorr had turn their backs on him and would not have went back as he tried to kill them and tortured them. Cullen Bunn then tried to be so edgy and killed Rankorr and other Red Lanterns for no reason and wrote Bleez as a typical servant for Atrocitus.

This just really pissed me of cause I was a fan of Charles Soule run and they just ignore it for no reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I just read the new Green Lanterns preview and to my suprise I see Zilius Zox and Skallox next to Atrocitus. Well my problem is that Zox and Skallox are Dead! Both died in Red Lanterns. I don't know why people keep ignoring Charles Soule Red Lantern run. Cullen Bunn did this in that horrid Lobo title where he made Bleez and Rankorr follow Atrocitus again. Bleez and Rankorr had turn their backs on him and would not have went back as he tried to kill them and tortured them. Cullen Bunn then tried to be so edgy and killed Rankorr and other Red Lanterns for no reason and wrote Bleez as a typical servant for Atrocitus.

This just really pissed me of cause I was a fan of Charles Soule run and they just ignore it for no reason.
    In small parts I'm glad that they revived zilius zox and skallox. I'm a fan of these characters together with ratchet and having them killed off seems sad.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    In small parts I'm glad that they revived zilius zox and skallox. I'm a fan of these characters together with ratchet and having them killed off seems sad.
    It was sad and I liked them to but they revived them having them follow Atrocitus which is also out of Character since they stopped following him to.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Bloody hell, really? I haven't gotten round to checking the preview out yet but, yeah, little oversights like that can be bloody annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    It was a bit sad but, for me, that was because the Soule run had 'humanized' them. Reversing that run just undoes it all.

I'm glad to see them back, but yeah, it's kinda annoying that they seem to be pretending Soule's Red Lanterns never happened.

Guy's a GL again, the Reds are pretty much back in full force, Bleez's character development has gone down the drain, and there's no dissension among the members...it's kind of a shame that such a good run has now lost all its impact .

Still enjoying the book though, and looking forward to Simon and Jessica facing off against Atrocitus .

Didn't like RL direction under Soule so I guess I should be happy with this... but at this point I just don't care?

BANNED

I'm beginning to accept the notion that there is some (unexplained) retconning going on, between this sort of thing and Krypto's recent appearance. Presumably something about Wally West's return having some influence on reality.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I could be wrong but as I recall weren't all the Red Lanterns reborn in the Sinestro book? That could explain why Zox & Skallox are back.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!