Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Original Sin, Age of Ultron, Fear Itself, Avengers/X-Men: AXIS, Avengers vs. X-Men and Civil War 2 are all bad events in my honest opinion.

Out of all of them, Fear Itself is probably the least bad. Which isn't saying much.
    Well, it killed JMS's fantastic Thor run stonecold dead. That was very bad, at least to me.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, it killed JMS's fantastic Thor run stonecold dead. That was very bad, at least to me.
    I thought that was Siege/Dark Reign? I remember Bendis wanted the big battle to take place in Braxton and Osborn wanted to stage a big battle to tighten his grip on the power he held in the government. JMS wanted no part of it in his run because he had other plans for the Braxton storyline. So he just politely said thanks but no thanks.

I thought Original Sin had a couple of good one shot titles. One was how some guy got to see what Doom's original sin was and he tried to blackmail him. That didn't turn out to well for him, or his girlfriend, lawyer, etc.

I think Fear Itself was the worst. I can't remember the name of the main threat in that either.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-16-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Niffleheim

Fear Itself was the WORST. Nothing compares to that crap. At least with the others there were things to like or even love about them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I thought that was Siege/Dark Reign?
    So it was. My bad. I never actually read that one.

I thought that was Siege/Dark Reign?
    True, Siege was also totally horrible/boring. It was so boring that I forgot it even existed.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Original Sin however Original Sin has the best art.
    Though it's not on the list I have to say AvX had the worst art.3 artists on it and though Coipel was quite good, I just thought that Romita Jr. And Kubert's work on it was awful.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    True, Siege was also totally horrible/boring. It was so boring that I forgot it even existed.
    Ironically, everyone says "why can't we have an event where the good guys fight the bad guys" and Siege is unequivocally this and people say "meh."

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I thought Siege was decent, definitely Bendis' best effort.

Developed organically, good guys vs. bad guys, written succinctly and had great art.

The events to sell toys in the 80's.
    Secret Wars
    Secret Wars 2
    Contest of Champions
    Evolutionary War

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I thought Siege was decent, definitely Bendis' best effort.

Developed organically, good guys vs. bad guys, written succinctly and had great art.
    Pretty anti-climactic ending though.

I think my least fav events (that I've read at least) are Age of Ultron and Avengers vs X-Men.
    I don't get what the point of AoU was. But we got Angela from the event so I guess that's neat.

And AvX seemed cool at the time but in retrospect it was one hot mess with a lot of characters acting OOC.
    Only good thing about it was that it set up Scarlet Witch's redemption arc.

Fear Itself was bland and forgettable but it was the event that was going on when I started getting into comics so I liked it at the time.
    Also, the Journey into Mystery tie-ins for that event were amazing!

I actually liked Original Sin just fine but I guess I'm in a minority with that, lol.
    I liked that it was smaller scale and not too intrusive when it came to bleeding into other books.

I'm not reading CWII but it does not sound like a good time. ._.;
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think with Siege the part people remember the most is the Void tearing Ares in half. That was about it.

Extraordinary Member

Original Sin was badly written and pointless, but at least it had pretty art.

Axis was just utterly sub par in every aspect.

There were at least some cool things about AvX, Age of Ultron and even Fear Itself.

Chief among them was Odin trolling Tony Stark in Fear Itself just because he could.

Seriously Fraction's Odin is a real S.O.B..

I think with Siege the part people remember the most is the Void tearing Ares in half. That was about it.
    I actually never wanted to read it just because of that. it disgusts me on so many levels. Has Ares recovered from that yet? or is he still dead?

BANNED

Somewhere along the way, the thread went from "Most Boring Crossover" to "Crossover I Hate The Most".