Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Default Bagging and Boarding Newer Books.

Do you do it? How many, like me, never to it? I just stick variants in a scrapbook, unboarded.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I bag & board all my books. And if I could find something I felt would work well I would do the same for my magazines & digests. But i'm OCD like that.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I bag & board all my books. And if I could find something I felt would work well I would do the same for my magazines & digests. But i'm OCD like that.
    Green, this type not sturdy enough? http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/magazine-accessories I've gotten other bags before for mags and they have turned out a little cheap. I haven't tried these yet though.

OT: I bag and board what I plan to keep and not later pick up in trade. If I'm for sure going to buy the trade when it comes out, I just leave the new books out.
    Last edited by GDC3; 08-15-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    Green, this type not sturdy enough? http://www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/magazine-accessories I've gotten other bags before for mags and they have turnd out a little cheap. I haven't tried these yet though.

OT: I bag and board what I plan to keep and not later pick up in trade. If I'm for sure going to buy the trade when it comes out, I just leave the new books out.
    Thanks for the link, i'll have to stock-up on some of those.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mine come bagged and boarded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Thanks for the link, i'll have to stock-up on some of those.
    Ah cool. I just ordered some myself for some old Bizarre Adventures and Epics I picked up.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

I just take a magazine-sized mylar bag and squeeze in as many comics as will fit. that way, I can even store them on a shelf like I could a tpb.

I know you're trying to find out where I hang my cape. YOU WON'T.

After getting back into comics in 2007, I would usually toss my floppies neatly into a drawer and make sure they were sturdy enough to store. Once I moved into my own place, it was time to get them boared and damn was it a chore. Just last week, I bag and boarded all of my comics in one sitting, around 450 of them or so and another 50+ to go. I do, however, like the idea jeanvalijean proposed about the magazine bags and squeezing as many comics in there where you can sit upright on the shelf. Good idea. That will kill 2 birds with one stone as well since I've been collecting Empire magazine covers since Man of Steel came out.

Bagging and boarding are very pleasant activities that scratch my ocd itch.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I bag and board them all, and I get shipping boxes from work that are the perfect size for storing them.