Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Oh dear god, the very concept of this being shelved for Truth and the current status quo is beyond horrifying.

I know. It takes a special genius to arrive at current status quo. It's almost as if the crew have made a firm resolution to do everything they can to sink the ship. Fortunately as nobody seems to know who or where Superman is anymore, there's a good chance that Superman might survive the wreckage.

BANNED

I hope they publish this with 52 Supes.

It's not about criticizing the *US* police. This subject matter is happening all over the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    oh my apologies. i didn't see this yesterday, but i posted a thread on the same topic in the general dc comics forum.

personally, i think this story should be released as it deals with rather topical events. not to mention that black lightning could use a good intro into the rebirth.
    You actually posted your thread before I posted mine.

I didn't notice yours because I didn't think to check the DC forums before I made this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I hope they publish this with 52 Supes.

It's not about criticizing the *US* police. This subject matter is happening all over the world.
    I hope so too because that character's social crusading slant/ struggle with alienation fits nicely with the subject matter. Making it just another journalism story for the happy and secure, on some level, privileged Superdad ( I mean the guy was hiding for 10 years playing house) imo would just water down the subject matter.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I also think that taking a potentially important little story like this and mashing it up to fit some ridiculous status quo that will be mocked 5 years from now, would be super nearsighted.

Just make it a Superman story, don't fit it into the absurdity that is the current line.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I also think that taking a potentially important little story like this and mashing it up to fit some ridiculous status quo that will be mocked 5 years from now, would be super nearsighted.

Just make it a Superman story, don't fit it into the absurdity that is the current line.
    Or since it's pretty clear that the classic status quo is fast approaching, just stick it in when that comes about. All this story needs is for Superman to be Clark the reporter, and for people to know Superman. There doesn't seem to be a need to mention Jon or even Lois for that matter. Seems like a pretty simple deal to me.