Default JLA Volume 1 by Grant Morrison

I just finished JLA Volume 1 by Grant Morrison. Overall, very creative stories. My one complaint is that he always rushes the ending. He would spend a long time really hyping up what's happening, then finish it off quickly and with no effort but this is a small complaint.

Electric blue Superman makes an appearance in this 90s comic. I don't know what graphic novel covers the electric blue Superman story but am looking to find out.

Overall Great stories.

Spectacular Member

Ya they are sort of like back to basics superhero team stories but of course Morrison throws in some crazy stuff in there as well.

All in all a great run.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Double L View Post
    I just finished JLA Volume 1 by Grant Morrison. Overall, very creative stories. My one complaint is that he always rushes the ending. He would spend a long time really hyping up what's happening, then finish it off quickly and with no effort but this is a small complaint.

Electric blue Superman makes an appearance in this 90s comic. I don't know what graphic novel covers the electric blue Superman story but am looking to find out.

Overall Great stories.
    I love Morrison, his JLA run pretty much ruined all future superhero comics for me... but one of the weaker aspects of the stories is that his set-ups are so epic and seemingly insurmountable that the endings always feel like a bit of a let-down.
    The second part of the Prometheus story comes to mind. And wait until you get to JLA: Earth 2, where the solution involves the heroes literally doing nothing. It was hard to swallow at the time, now I think it's genius. Having said all that,
    his JLA run (among many other runs in his career,) is a classic that I can re-read constantly. Absolutely love it.