Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Starlin is the only one that can write Thanos, he gets it. Hickman wrote thanos as a petty dictator running around demanding tribute. Thanos would never do that!

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Starlin is the only one that can write Thanos, he gets it. Hickman wrote thanos as a petty dictator running around demanding tribute. Thanos would never do that!
    But yet Thanos will offer tribute time and time again to the embodiment of death unable to process that she just isn't into him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That probably did survive in the reset with the Reality Gem. Dr Strange was killed by Doom but he returned.
    Plus, Hickman did bother sticking The Cabal members on the life raft, and I take it that if any 616er makes it to Battleworld, it's a given they have a higher chance of surviving the reset. I'm just curious if and how they would fit into the 'new universe' and whether they're even still affiliated with Thanos. Hickman didn't even want them to have anything to do with Thanos originally. I would be kinda interested in seeing them as their own separate entity as he originally wanted, but uh, that gives them even less of a chance of appearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hickman said Thane was an editorial mandate, not his idea.
    Aye, though I think the whole idea of Ebony Maw raising/manipulating Thane into...whatever he wants...is an interesting set-up. Just wish Hickman did more with it...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    But yet Thanos will offer tribute time and time again to the embodiment of death unable to process that she just isn't into him.
    Well, they did 'get together' and created The Rot through a process I can only describe as 'death sex'. And apparently neither of them actually wanted THAT to happen; Death didn't notice she had birthed an abstract abomination, and Thanos got flat-out disgusted he somehow created a form of not-life, even if it was with Death.
    Last edited by Byakko; 08-16-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Fantastic Member

This series and the Unworthy Thor series are the only two new Marvel Now comics that interest me. Hope this is good and hope that Lemire has multiple stories in mind. Seems like there are way too many new series today that have one long story and then not too much else. Of course, with Marvel comics, that's usually because they are cancelled an relaunched after the one story is completed...

Any way, Thanos is kind of tough to do correctly but hopefully this will be a good series.

Mega-City One judge Judge_Dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf4799 View Post
    Oh, goody. Another crossover, probably leading to a status quo reset 6 months from now. This is why I've dropped 99% of marvels books
    Did you read this?
    Last edited by Judge_Dredd; 08-16-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    How is demanding and offering tribute the same thing?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-20-2016 at 10:13 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    With the Infinity War movie coming down the pike, I think it was a given that marvel had a Thanos event lined up.
    No doubt. I'm just generally fed up with marvels constant flow of events one after another. And the few non-event issues we get in-between largely serve just to set up the next event. And I'm tired of change just for the sake of change. They should focus more on compelling characters and stories, instead of cashing in on the latest movie or whatever. The state of marvel today is nearly as bad as it was when Quesada took over and did away with the same kinds of crappie that they are turning out now

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Hickman said Thane was an editorial mandate, not his idea.
    He reads like one.

I quite liked the DnA take on Thanos. He was almost like relapsing on his addiction to death. I agree though, I thought Hickmans Thanos didn't seem quite right.

Flark, that article header art is pretty amazing! I had to look it up, seems to be from the alternate cover of Thanos Rising 4 by Simone Bianchi. Now I wish he was on this title!

I love books starring villains. With Lemire writing and Deodato penciling we have quite the team.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Huh. The bird thing does seem Phoenix Force-y to me, and if it DOESN'T tie into the X-Men in some way, it'd be weird.

I'd like to see more of Thane. He had potential and if he's not going to be used in the Inhuman books, do more daddy stories I say.

Buuuut... I kinda don't trust Lemire with cosmic stuff. Because the Infinitus Saga is the most bored I've ever been while reading a comic. Descender is great, but that doesn't have that big a scope, and all of it is pretty personal. Hopefully Thanos will be more like that.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Please, PLEASE let this not be as decompressed as his other Marvel works, ie: Hawkeye and Moon Knight.
    $3.99 per issue is too high to go through 5 issues of setting the stage. But I'm a strong believer in not trade-waiting, for fear the series be cancelled.

I have a feeling that "massive" story he's referring to has something to do with Divided We Stand, which Marvel has already teased for 2017. Thanos has already made his presence felt in Civil War II. I think after the story is done, he'll find a way to exploit the division and create Marvel's next big conflict. He couldn't do it with the Cosmic Cube. So why not try another power like the Phoenix Force? He's a deranged monster, but he's a resourceful deranged monster.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I have a feeling that "massive" story he's referring to has something to do with Divided We Stand, which Marvel has already teased for 2017. Thanos has already made his presence felt in Civil War II. I think after the story is done, he'll find a way to exploit the division and create Marvel's next big conflict. He couldn't do it with the Cosmic Cube. So why not try another power like the Phoenix Force? He's a deranged monster, but he's a resourceful deranged monster.
    Wait... they teased something called Divided We Stand?

Also, wasn't there already an X-Men story called that? Though I'm pretty sure that's not a problem unique to Divided We Stand ( I know there's at least two other cases of that).
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force