Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Lemire Is "Setting Up a Massive Marvel Story" in "Thanos"

Jeff Lemire explains why he researched "Star Wars" for his latest gig, and his plans to dig deep into the alpha-villain's family tree.

Full article here.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Thane? Ok, will try and see if something is done with him. I feared he would be just another thrown away event character.
    Everything Lives!

All-New Member

Oh, goody. Another crossover, probably leading to a status quo reset 6 months from now. This is why I've dropped 99% of marvels books

BANNED

Old Man Logan is partly about the villains taking over right ?

So there has to be A version of Thanos in that future ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Thane? Ok, will try and see if something is done with him. I feared he would be just another thrown away event character.
    Thane really was kind of a waste.

You'd think if Hickman bothered introducing the character he would have done something with him. Made the whole Infinity event seem sort of pointless to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf4799 View Post
    Oh, goody. Another crossover, probably leading to a status quo reset 6 months from now. This is why I've dropped 99% of marvels books
    With the Infinity War movie coming down the pike, I think it was a given that marvel had a Thanos event lined up.

iMan 42s

I heard Thane showed up in Black Vortex. However I heard Black Vortex was awful so I'm not surprised some might not know he was in it (I sure didn't) but something was done with him. I guess Hickman had thought he would use him later down the line and that never occurred

Certainly interesting to hear about the family dynamic with Darth Vader being an influence. It definitely intrigues me considering Thane and Starfox showing up. Might be interesting to see things explained to Thane from Starfox's perspective simmilar to Obi-wan and Luke speaking about Anakin/Vader.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I heard Thane showed up in Black Vortex. However I heard Black Vortex was awful so I'm not surprised some might not know he was in it (I sure didn't) but something was done with him. I guess Hickman had thought he would use him later down the line and that never occurred

Certainly interesting to hear about the family dynamic with Darth Vader being an influence. It definitely intrigues me considering Thane and Starfox showing up. Might be interesting to see things explained to Thane from Starfox's perspective simmilar to Obi-wan and Luke speaking about Anakin/Vader.
    Yeah, I know he was in Black Vortex... I just sort of assumed Hickman himself had some sort of master plan for him since he used an event to introduce him. But obviously that's not the case. Ah well. At least he's showing up again.

Amazing Member

Well it all sounds great. I'm a huge fan of Thanos and believe it or not...Starfox. I kind of see them as Thor and Loki switched. While Thanos is obviously much more powerful Eros has a knack (and power) to make friends. Powerful friends. Firelord, Drax, the Avengers, etc. I am excited to see them both explored.

Same with Gamora's relationship with Thanos. I really liked the dynamic in the Guardians movie she and Nebula had.

Thane? Ick. I thought he was a bad idea from the start. But I trust Lemire to do something better with him.

And I don't understand how someone cannot be a huge Star Wars fan. I mean...that's my religion. But I won't get offended...i won't.

I admit I would be tuning in...just for the oft chance that the Black Order appear in it and I can figure out if they did or did not survive the end of the universe 8 months ago /shrug

Incredible Member

Thane. Bleah.

One of the greatest Thanos moments ever was when he tracks down his "grand-daughter" Nebula and declares that her greatest sin is "(t)o claim that Thanos, Death's truest servant, would drop progeny."

Truer words were never spoken... until someone thought it would be a good idea to try and introduce other children of Thanos.

Niffleheim

I'm undoubtedly giving this a shot - Thanos, Thane, Starfox and Gamora.

Well I'm excited to see Thane (more excited for the supporting cast of this book than to be reading a Thanos book but hopefully it's a good series overall). It'll be interesting to see what's done with him taking into account the disaster that was Black Vortex.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I admit I would be tuning in...just for the oft chance that the Black Order appear in it and I can figure out if they did or did not survive the end of the universe 8 months ago /shrug
    That probably did survive in the reset with the Reality Gem. Dr Strange was killed by Doom but he returned.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Thane really was kind of a waste.

You'd think if Hickman bothered introducing the character he would have done something with him. Made the whole Infinity event seem sort of pointless to a degree.
    Hickman said Thane was an editorial mandate, not his idea.