https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/rio-o...-village-room/

Canoe believe it? Rio Olympics 2016: Ingrid Oliveira enjoys late-night romp with canoeist after kicking Brazilian diving partner out of Olympic Village room

Last-placed Olympians have since called time on their fragile partnership after sex scandal devastates relationship

A BRAZILIAN synchronised diving team has split up amidst a sex scandal.

Ingrid Oliveira, 20, banished team-mate Giovanna Pedroso, 17, from her room in Olympic Village to have sex with canoeist and compatriot Pedro Goncalves the night before they were due to dive.

Pedroso was furious about being kicked out of her own dorm and blasted Oliveira for losing focus so close to competition time.

She ranted: “I have been waiting for four years to be present at the Olympics and for her it was better to have fun and therefore threw me out of the room.”

The duo finished last in the women’s 10m synchronised diving on Wednesday and have now announced their separation.

A number of niggling arguments had caused a rift between the pair and Oliveira’s late-night romp turned out to be the final straw.

Speaking to O Globo, Pedroso said: “The fight started in training because I wanted to make a jump and she wanted to do another.

“Me and my coach have talked and after the Olympics I will focus on my individual. It’s good because I will not need to depend on anyone. Then I will be able to improve and evolve more.”

Oliveira added: “We had a fight and were not talking. But at the time of competition we joined because it is a unique moment, [to compete in the] Olympics at home.

“We leave differences behind and we talked normally. From today I will not jump synchronised with her.”

It is well known that many athletes spend much of their time at the Olympic Village having sex.

Organisers of the Rio Games dished out 450,000 condoms for Olympians to ensure safe sex.