Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default So Reed Richards Just Gets a Pass For His Clone of Thor Killing Goliath?

CSBG's latest look at ignored comic book plots marvels at how Reed Richards has gotten a free pass for cloning Thor and that clone killing Goliath.

Full article here.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-18-2017 at 09:12 AM.

I clicked the link and it didn't bring me to an article about this, but I do have an opinion on this.

I say that Reed Richards gets a pass for that because he was forced to play a part in a goofy story and he had no real way to say no because he is a fictional comic book property. Just because Mark Millar and his editors at the time of Civil War thought it was a reasonable thing for Reed Richards to do, doesn't mean that I have to take it any more seriously than Thanos writing his name on the back of his own helicopter. Yes, it happened in an in-continuity comic. No, I don't have to assume that every in-continuity character take it any more seriously than I do.

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Fantastic Member

Isn't he not on Earth right now being forced to keep the multiverse together?? Sounds like karma to me

All-New Member

How do i get to page 2 of this article? There's no obvious button or link that i can see.

Yes, Reed got a pass. Tony was the only one that got the full brunt of the hate from the other characters and the readers. Now how some writers wrote Tony, he deserved the hate, but Reed was right there along with him.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-14-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

All characters should get passes for anything they did while being written by Mark Millar.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    All characters should get passes for anything they did while being written by Mark Millar.
    It's funny because there was a debate recently about people having their own personal continuities for canon events in comics but most of us do it and it's almost inevitable when characters go drastically out of character to further a rather forced storyline.
    Power with Girl is better.

It's pretty messed up-- but it is what it is. rest in peace goliath.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    It's pretty messed up-- but it is what it is. rest in peace goliath.
    It was really messed up. I remember the funeral too. It was Stark, Reed's and Pym's fault. All thought I always thought Pym being a skrull screwed it up on purpose to spread more dissent.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-26-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Clor was acting in self-defense. Foster charged him while threatening to kill him.

Spectacular Member

The question should be how did Millar get a free pass to write this crap. I haven't followed Marvel since this "event". It completely ruined the Marvel Universe for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WTNew View Post
    The question should be how did Millar get a free pass to write this crap.
    He wrote some of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed comics Marvel had had in ages just prior to that with Ultimate x-Men, Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

Which still hold up quite well today.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Clor was acting in self-defense. Foster charged him while threatening to kill him.
    Reed and Tony flat out state the clone was supposed to disable Foster not kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Reed and Tony flat out state the clone was supposed to disable Foster not kill him.
    This is why I think Skrull Pym is the one that made it malfunction.