Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    I noticed in A Force #8 Elsa Bloodstone now has a Bloodstone in place of the hand she claims her father ripped off which seems to come from her Battleworld Marvel Zombies mini.
    I'm seeing loads of similar things cropping up like that, but not only aspects of Battleworld, but alterations to a characters standing in-story. People can't tell me that the Doom we are seeing in ANAD is the same one from the 616, and I could go on across the board.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-20-2016 at 08:04 PM.

The answer is no, it's not a dream.

Sorry, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Johnny Peril; 08-21-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I'm seeing loads of similar things cropping up like that, but not only aspects of Battleworld, but alterations to a characters standing in-story. People can't tell me that the Doom we are seeing in ANAD is the same one from the 616, and I could go on across the board.
    That's sort of what I meant by reality being in revolt. Doom is good, so suddenly there's an evil within SHIELD. Eternity's darling, Hank Pym, is now a mass murdererous A.I.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That's sort of what I meant by reality being in revolt. Doom is good, so suddenly there's an evil within SHIELD. Eternity's darling, Hank Pym, is now a mass murdererous A.I.
    that's an incredibly poor example given that both of those people have been nebulous in their alignments for as long as they've been around. SHIELD even during Nick Fury Sr. time was questionable at best. And Doom has a littany of good moments.

It's not like Arcade suddenly became a saint.

Yeah, anyways...I think Blur is a double agent.

I'll give you a rundown of all the Secret Wars books that are appearing in ANAD:

Inferno
    Ultimate End
    Old Man Logan
    Attilan Rising
    SW Battleworld Valley of Flame
    Renew Your Vows
    Spiderman 2099
    A-Force
    Guardians of Knowhere
    MODOK Assasin
    Thors
    Monster Metropolis
    Weirdworld
    Starlord and Kitty Pryde

And they're the ones we know. These are the Unknowns:

Eternity in chains
    Time is wrong
    Magic is wrong
    Artifacts falling through cracks
    Reed Richards did something according to Roberta Mendez.
    Battleworld reconstructed by Maestro in outer edges of what is
    (Maestro etc couldn't have done this if Reed was still there)
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-23-2016 at 07:58 PM.

I'll give you a rundown of all the Secret Wars books that are appearing in ANAD:

Inferno
    Ultimate End
    Old Man Logan
    Attilan Rising
    SW Battleworld Valley of Flame
    Renew Your Vows
    Spiderman 2099
    A-Force
    Guardians of Knowhere
    MODOK Assasin
    Thors
    Monster Metropolis
    Weirdworld
    Starlord and Kitty Pryde

And they're the ones we know. These are the Unknowns:

Eternity in chains
    Time is wrong
    Magic is wrong
    Artifacts falling through cracks
    Reed Richards did something according to Roberta Mendez.
    Battleworld reconstructed by Maestro in outer edges of what is
    (Maestro etc couldn't have done this if Reed was still there)
    that's a pretty comprehensive list. I missed Attilan Rising, first time around. time/reality is definitely a jumble (or, at least, as messed up as pre-Battleworld). I wonder what Franklin's getting up to; out there.

that's a pretty comprehensive list. I missed Attilan Rising, first time around. time/reality is definitely a jumble (or, at least, as messed up as pre-Battleworld). I wonder what Franklin's getting up to; out there.
    I couldn't recommend Attilan Rising except to say it was one of the most unusual ideas of having Black Bolt in a bar called the Quiet Room, where anybody from all Domains could secretly meet.

Franklin and the rest of the family are cataloging the Multiverse right now, so you could say they are sort of Watchers, for want of a better word.

I couldn't recommend Attilan Rising except to say it was one of the most unusual ideas of having Black Bolt in a bar called the Quiet Room, where anybody from all Domains could secretly meet.

Franklin and the rest of the family are cataloging the Multiverse right now, so you could say they are sort of Watchers, for want of a better word.
    today's issue of the "A.I.M-Avengers" introduced a new player to the game. apparently, the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) is also out to alter reality.

today's issue of the "A.I.M-Avengers" introduced a new player to the game. apparently, the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) is also out to alter reality.
    He's been around since the start of the current New Avengers run.

I'll have to read that and see what you mean by 'a new player to the game'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Attachment 39161

Still trying to read more into things than is actually there, huh? Whatever.

And anyway, Marvel has been Franklin Richards' dream for decades.

I could also make the argument that all fiction is a dream, which the dreamers share with the world.

But in terms of whether ANAD is actually intended to be Franklin dreaming? Nope. Nope nope nope. The Marvel Universe is the Marvel Universe is the Marvel Universe. What we're seeing is what it is. No more, no less. All the things you talk about? Just little bits that were left over when the Marvel Universe was rebuilt. Done because editorial thought it would be cool to have bits of Secret Wars carry over, to give the event a bit more lasting an impact.
    Your responses to jackolover's threads are my favorite things. Just so you know.

And jackolover, while I like your willingness to try and justify all of these things with in-universe explanations as if the MU is a real and actual thing, I think sometimes the best answer really is "because the writers wanted it that way".

Charles Soule invented the Quiet Room, put it in Attilan Rising and then kept it for Uncanny Inhumans because he liked it. Miles is in the MU because Marvel didn't want to publish the Ultimate Universe line anymore, but they wanted to keep Miles. Trying to justify it as "it's all a dream" seems a bit....... incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    Your responses to jackolover's threads are my favorite things. Just so you know.

And jackolover, while I like your willingness to try and justify all of these things with in-universe explanations as if the MU is a real and actual thing, I think sometimes the best answer really is "because the writers wanted it that way".

Charles Soule invented the Quiet Room, put it in Attilan Rising and then kept it for Uncanny Inhumans because he liked it. Miles is in the MU because Marvel didn't want to publish the Ultimate Universe line anymore, but they wanted to keep Miles. Trying to justify it as "it's all a dream" seems a bit....... incorrect.
    You see those sorts of explanations don't stick anymore. Why have the Silver Surfer say this world was put back together the wrong way after Secret Wars? Why is Eternity in a cage? Why make these sorts of admissions in continuity if this is all just writer privilege? They could just go on their merry way and not draw attention to the Surfer or Eternity, couldn't they?

I'll have to read that and see what you mean by 'a new player to the game'.
    He's trying to build another reality above the current one.