Default Confused on Superman and Action Comics continuity...

Are these two stories featuring the same characters? How can Supes be doing both at once? I am reading both, and find it very confusing trying to keep everything straight.

Also, as an aside, does anyone know if "Legends of Tomorrow" is ending with #6?

BANNED

The same characters, yes. The stories are taking place at different times.

Superman Rebirth #1 takes place first, then the current Action Comics arc, followed by Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    The same characters, yes. The stories are taking place at different times.

Superman Rebirth #1 takes place first, then the current Action Comics arc, followed by Superman.
    So the Doomsday arc happens before the Eradicator one? That's odd, having the writer of the latter having to not contradict things the writer of Action has planned.

Ideally there should be enough of a collaboration going on where no one contradicts someone else where there's opportunity for such, and otherwise the tales stand on their own.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    So the Doomsday arc happens before the Eradicator one? That's odd, having the writer of the latter having to not contradict things the writer of Action has planned.
    This has typically been how the bigger characters with more than one book have been written. The writers get together and work out what is going to happen in their stories to make sure they don't get in each others' way. The editor coordinates the whole process.

BANNED

Also, yes, Legends of Tomorrow is ending with #6.

All of the features in LOT had been announced as individual 6-issue mini-series before later being repackaged as LOT.

I'm really enjoying both titles, Action is literally a thrill ride, and Superman is *exactly* how I think modern Superman should be.

After years of ruining the character, he's finally the centerpiece he should be.

I'm sad that LOT is ending, it's my favorite "series", and I think Firestorm and Sugar & Spike had a TON of gas left in the tank. Firestorm in particular needs an ongoingm

Really glad to hear that you're enjoying the stories. The Superman line is a lot of fun with Rebirth. Glad that the posters here were able to help you figure it all out and you can enjoy the books now. Welcome to Superman!