Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think "officially", Miles is 17 (since the start of his 616 run) and Gwen is 19 (since the start of her book). However, given everything that's happened, with the aforementioned birthday issue, and Gwen spending a whole year in jail, they both have to be at the ABSOLUTE least 18 and 20 (and that's being incredibly lenient on time). But since they wanna avoid any changes to time as much as possible, they're just kind of stuck at this general age group.

Similar to how Peter is considered to be "mid-20s", even though really (again being very conservative with time), he should be like 29 or 30. You could kind of get away with 27, but anything lesser is just stretching hard.
    peter is 29 if you considered the the beginning of the 2014 dan slott run where it said it was 13 years later followed by that story arc where the he had to refight scorpio
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter is 29 if you considered the the beginning of the 2014 dan slott run where it said it was 13 years later followed by that story arc where the he had to refight scorpio
    I don't think Peter has a "canon" age. Just whatever age his writers envision him as (so long as it's not too old or young). Slott felt Peter was pushing 30, but JMS saw Peter as a guy in his mid 30's, and now Spencer says Peter is in his mid 20's. I think Miles and Gwen have just entered the realm of characters with only vague ages like a lot of other Marvel (hell, even DC) characters. In Mile's case I think he's pretty much gonna be a high school age teenager until Marvel decide they feel like putting him in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I don't think Peter has a "canon" age. Just whatever age his writers envision him as (so long as it's not too old or young). Slott felt Peter was pushing 30, but JMS saw Peter as a guy in his mid 30's, and now Spencer says Peter is in his mid 20's. I think Miles and Gwen have just entered the realm of characters with only vague ages like a lot of other Marvel (hell, even DC) characters. In Mile's case I think he's pretty much gonna be a high school age teenager until Marvel decide they feel like putting him in college.
    I'm surprised they aged up Miles as quickly as they did to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they aged up Miles as quickly as they did to be honest.
    When you consider when he was first introduced he was only 13, he's probably had the biggest glow-up of any of the most recently introduced heroes. Then again, that was also the Ultimate Universe, so they were allowed to get away with time passing.

When you consider when he was first introduced he was only 13, he's probably had the biggest glow-up of any of the most recently introduced heroes. Then again, that was also the Ultimate Universe, so they were allowed to get away with time passing.
    Yeah, I think Kamala's only aged one year in-universe while Miles has gone through several years.

Sam still seems the same age as when he debuted though .

It was really weird. I was actually afraid (and still kind of am) that they were trying to age him out of high school. It felt way too fast.

Sam just seems like he hasn't aged since we haven't gotten any focus on his home life in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I thought Spencer recently indicated Peter's tenure as Spider-Man has been compressed from 13 down to 10 years (I can remember when it was roughly 15 years)? I could be wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Gwen was in college in 1965 so she has to be in her 70's.......

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I thought Spencer recently indicated Peter's tenure as Spider-Man has been compressed from 13 down to 10 years (I can remember when it was roughly 15 years)? I could be wrong.
    One of the issues referred to Peter as "mid-20s", which I guess would imply 25 or 26, but its vague enough that really the primary indication is "He's between 25 and 29, but DEFINITELY not 30".

I know a recent Fantastic Four book, and also one of Hickman's X-Men books, did give an amount of time for how long the FF and X-Men have been around in universe, so that should help to clarify exactly how old Peter *would* be currently. I'm just blanking on exactly what the numbers were so I would need help on that (I think it was 15 for FF and 14 for X, but I could be misremembering).

One of the issues referred to Peter as "mid-20s", which I guess would imply 25 or 26, but its vague enough that really the primary indication is "He's between 25 and 29, but DEFINITELY not 30".

I know a recent Fantastic Four book, and also one of Hickman's X-Men books, did give an amount of time for how long the FF and X-Men have been around in universe, so that should help to clarify exactly how old Peter *would* be currently. I'm just blanking on exactly what the numbers were so I would need help on that (I think it was 15 for FF and 14 for X, but I could be misremembering).
    I think Learning to Crawl established Peter had been active for 13 years.

Yup, that's the issue I was referencing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think Kamala's only aged one year in-universe while Miles has gone through several years.

Sam still seems the same age as when he debuted though .
    To be fair, Miles's extra aging happened in 1610. Since he came to 616, he's always been around Kamala's age - I'd guess that both are now high school seniors. 17 years old. Maybe they'll eventually have them both graduate? We've already seen them both look into going to Empire State University, Squirrel Girl gave them the tour in the last Marvel Rising mini-series. Helps that they currently share a writer.

Gwen is perpetually 19, though she should really be 21 already. I think this month's issue of her book retconned her origin, as she was already Spider-Woman four years ago. I'm sure she'd not long got her powers when we first met her in Edge of Spider-Verse #2. It seems that McGuire has retroactively made her younger in Latour's run so that she'd still be a teenager now.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-24-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman