Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This book is currently so much better than Action Comics and it's never ending Doomsday battle. Doug Mahnke is still amazing. Just a little confused about the Eradicator's motivation. He wants to absorb Jon and basically kill him in order to save...what exactly? The pure Kryptonian bloodline? But he has no problem absorbing the Last Son of Krypton himself which would officially end the species.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This book is currently so much better than Action Comics and it's never ending Doomsday battle. Doug Mahnke is still amazing. Just a little confused about the Eradicator's motivation. He wants to absorb Jon and basically kill him in order to save...what exactly? The pure Kryptonian bloodline? But he has no problem absorbing the Last Son of Krypton himself which would officially end the species.
    But the way he absorbed Kryptonians seems to leave them alive (Superman and Krypto), so I'm incline to think that when he inhales Jon the act will "clean" him of his human half and likely kill him. But as Superman said last issue, Eradicator seems to be malfunctioning. It's grasping at straws, and the souls inside him aren't even united in purpose with him any longer. It's being presumptuous when it says "we." That's my take away at least. Hope it helps you in some way.

Incredible Member

I was initially bummed that Mahnke was filling in. Couldn't stand his SM/WW.

But holy crap did he impress me with this issue.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Fun issue, the scene on the moon was definitely cool. I'm kind of ready for this fight to be over though. The issue felt over way too quick, although that's also because I'm enjoying it. Give me more moments training of Jon and less splashes fighting a single-minded big bad with wooden one-liners.

This series (and Action imo) has been so good. I stopped buying comics just before 2010, and I'm excited to have a pull list a a comic shop again!

Here's hoping these teams stick for awhile, as I'm really enjoying the way this book uses the family unit so well (just as the best writers did with the marriage, back in "the day").

This team could go on indefinitely, but I think Jurgens has to go asap. His triangle-inspired Metropolis is nice, but he's lost the writing touch.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I thought this issue was a whole lot better than issue 4. Art was great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This team could go on indefinitely, but I think Jurgens has to go asap. His triangle-inspired Metropolis is nice, but he's lost the writing touch.
    To each their own of course, but I've actually been enjoying the heck out of Action as well. But then I've always been a Jurgens fan (except for his New52 run, which I tried an issue or two of), so I may be a bit biased. It's certainly stretching things out longer than I'd like, but hopefully that'll change as the issues go on. Or at the very least, once the Doomsday storyline is done.

Sadly I have the wait till the very end of the month to pick up this issue,however I have been really enjoying the series. I was never a big superman fan before and I had only read a few batman/ superman and superman/Wonder Woman issues, as well as the Ulysses arc and first collected edition of the new 52 however I am loving the art story telling etc for the rebirth issues. I have ordered #5 and #6 as well as trinity !

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This issue remind me a lot of "Robin Rises", Tomasi is mentioning himself. I didn't like his style in Batman and Robin but I like him here in Superman title. Superman fits much better to his style of writng. Tomasi's repositioning is a good move.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think Jurgens would be a good fit as editor or a sort of executive consultant. Heck, I don't think he would be bad just doing plotting. His dialogue is his biggest failing IMO.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

It's kind of funny that every thread is seen as a good place to take a swipe at Action by a hand full of new 52 fans as if Dan is personally responsible for destroying true love (S/WW)or something.

I personally love the book, it reads like a Superman comic should. I also like Superman, New Super-Man, and have high hopes for future titles like Trinity and Super Sons. Why not focus on things you enjoy instead of obsessing over things you don't. Action has quite a bit of good buzz, maybe it's just not for you. No reason to drop a popular writer because a few vocal fans think every book needs to be for them.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It's kind of funny that every thread is seen as a good place to take a swipe at Action by a hand full of new 52 fans as if Dan is personally responsible for destroying true love (S/WW)or something.

I personally love the book, it reads like a Superman comic should. I also like Superman, New Super-Man, and have high hopes for future titles like Trinity and Super Sons. Why not focus on things you enjoy instead of obsessing over things you don't. Action has quite a bit of good buzz, maybe it's just not for you. No reason to drop a popular writer because a few vocal fans think every book needs to be for them.
    While there are a few that fit the profile you mention,not all of us that find fault in ACTION are disgruntled Nuperman or S/ww shippers. There are many of us who just feel Dan has lost his touch. But to each their own. I don't think Action is a train wreck or bad. Just could be better. It pales next to SUPERMAN
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Its the nature of conversation, sometimes tangents arise. If it bothers you to see a book you like criticized, use the ignore button.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Now, I'm loving Action Comics right now, and I've been a fan of Jurgens's since the 90's. I'll defend the book as I'm enjoying it, but taste is taste. We all like things and we all dislike things.

Some love Snyder, for instance. i'd love to smack him and most of WB for treating Superman so terribly over the coarse of two movies. Since we're all fans, we all have a right to voice our opinions, even if we don't agree.