Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not Minecraft. For some reason my mind keeps bouncing to the second Amnesia game or a game like it.

Either way it's so out there and weird. It was great.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

In one way, I'm disappointed the examination of how Ulysses powers work came down to checking accuracy of his predictions rather than scientifically analysing what goes on with his brain when he has predictions, like Stark was doing. But on the other hand, this method brought out how wide Ulysses range can go. We saw him in NY, where Ulysses is based, as well as Monster Metropolis in NY. But then we have Iowa, Arizona, and as far away as the Blue Area of the Moon. I was concerned Ulysses could only track predictions by being close to a subject and the subject triggers the prediction. But this proves he can predict events anywhere, even outside Earth, so I'm impressed.

Just the whole exercise of Jessica Drew sitting down with Ulysses and making a full list of predictions would have been very difficult for him to put together. It could have taken days, to recount the details enough to track them down in time and all over the place like Ben and Jess had to do. It was quite a draining test from my perspective, on Ulysses and Jess's team.

I was impressed with Jess's persistence over rejecting Carols confidence in Ulysses predictions and acting on them. Jess continued to be sceptical as Carol, and in the middle of that conversation, Jess sees that Hawkeye killed Bruce Banner, and Jess blew a fuse. It was very steadfast of Jess to hold to her guns over disagreeing with predictive justice, and the Hulk death is going to challenge Jess even further, as she tries to put together Ulysses role in this event with Banner.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-18-2016 at 09:40 PM.

if Ulysses had been ignored, think of all of the dead pets.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 08-18-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Well said Jacklover. The next issue is gonna be a rough one I feel.

That's the thing though. By the end of the issue I feel like just was seeing both sides of the fence, despite how uncomfortable sitting on the fence is making her. But we've seen in the last few issue that things like this make her run her mouth, so Carol can't even get two words in. There's a chance that if she had stopped talking a moment to hear about Bruce's death from Carol rather than the news that Jess would've reacted completely differently. I mean, I'm sure Jess would've been devastated still, but perhaps she wouldn't have thrown her ancient Nokia at the TV.

No, she still probably would have. What am I thinking? But the point is, sometimes Jess needs to stop n listen to what others have to say. ( as an aside, those ancient nokias were pretty tough so that's probably why Jess has it. It holds up to super heroine).
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    The sperm donor is unlikely to be Rogers because he is probably sterile due to decades of drugs in his system.

Come to think of it, even with all the numerous alternate worlds/timelines stories that Marvel has printed, has there been any that show that he has or will have children, be they future superheroes or just normal civilians?
    Sharon Carter was pregnant with Steve's baby in Brubaker's run just after Civil war. She lost the baby though.

The sperm donor is no one Jess knows. She had it done artificially.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well said Jacklover. The next issue is gonna be a rough one I feel.

That's the thing though. By the end of the issue I feel like just was seeing both sides of the fence, despite how uncomfortable sitting on the fence is making her. But we've seen in the last few issue that things like this make her run her mouth, so Carol can't even get two words in. There's a chance that if she had stopped talking a moment to hear about Bruce's death from Carol rather than the news that Jess would've reacted completely differently. I mean, I'm sure Jess would've been devastated still, but perhaps she wouldn't have thrown her ancient Nokia at the TV.

No, she still probably would have. What am I thinking? But the point is, sometimes Jess needs to stop n listen to what others have to say. ( as an aside, those ancient nokias were pretty tough so that's probably why Jess has it. It holds up to super heroine).
    Your OP was good too.

I just feel like this is a tipping point to Jess sitting on the fence. She couldn't care less about the idea of predictive justice, until she saw it in action, and her opinion is that Jess still doesn't agree with it. But this, now, with Clint and Bruce, I think Jess is going to have to jump right into the middle of this, because Jess has been at the front lines of checking on Ulysses. If this comes out, and Crystal of the Inhumans learns that Carol has been examining Ulysses behind Crystals back, not only will the Inhumans take Ulysses back, but someone's faces could be slapped.

For a fence sitter that Jess had been on this subject of predictions, she is going to really let her feelings known about how Carol let Hawkeye kill Banner. But job well done, Jessica, on completing her mission to prove Ulysses is 100% accurate as a predictor. I think the death of Banner was not Carols fault, and not precipitated by Ulysses' prediction, (although I might be proved wrong later)? What Jessica has to determine is the truth about what happened, and, if she can allow continued use of Ulysses.

Well this punches a hole in the whole "profiling" angle of the visions. What does some goe coming into existence in the Blue Area have to do with anyone?

That's a great point Durarara and that makes this issue even more important IMO.