Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Gives Official Details on "Civil War II's" Extra Issue

Marvel and writer Brian Michael Bendis have provided additional information for the newly-added eighth issue of "Civil War II."

Full article here.

Astonishing Member

I'm not actually reading this but has the war even started yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I'm not actually reading this but has the war even started yet?
    Issue #4 ended with the big fight just about to happen

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

It's pretty hilarious when even the press release on an extra issue is lukewarm at best. If those are the best quotes they can fabricate to get us excited then they have a serious clunker on their hands.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Fantastic Member

Response has been heartwarming? Bendis needs to get out more often as most reviews for the series have not been good. I liked #0 and #1 but things started to drag (predictably) afterwards. Haven't read #4 yet so hopefully it gets better. But, it's good form to get readers to invest in the first four issues of a big event, at $5 per issue, and then decide to add another issue to the event. That's apparently a good business model for Marvel so kudos to them. You know, an event can be told in even fewer issues if there are fewer panels devoted to people sitting around talking about irrelevant things or by having more panels on each page. Just sayin'...

"Heartwarming?" I guess when you look at how fans are reacting strongly to how badly your'e treating they've favorite characters, it's kind of heartwarming .

A part of me wonders if this "better ending" is in any way a result of fan reaction to the event rather then something Bendis just thought of over time.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The only way it can get a better ending is to let someone else besides Bendis write it. The man just can not end a story well to save his life, especially an event book.

Sigh... ...
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Amazing Member

Oh... this won't end well...

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

One of the "big secrets" will probably be Ulysses' death & the fall out from that.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

They are doing the exact same problematic thing they did last year with Secret Wars.
    Having delays and addind an extra issue. We are going to get most of the event spoiled because Marvel can't delay their post CWII stories during three months.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I wonder what "heartwarming" responses he heard or read because so far most things that I read about Civil War II has been more on the negative side. I'm sure there are plenty of people who might like it so far, I just personally haven't seen anybody who have any "heartwarming" things to say about it. I guess it's nice to see that this event is going to have a more "hopeful" ending.

It feels like Secret Wars all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Heartwarming?" I guess when you look at how fans are reacting strongly to how badly your'e treating they've favorite characters, it's kind of heartwarming .

A part of me wonders if this "better ending" is in any way a result of fan reaction to the event rather then something Bendis just thought of over time.

I would have to say that it is certainly something that Bendis thought up over time. He is probably one of the most stubborn writers and never seems to listen to fans no matter how much they dislike the work he is doing. Comments like "the reaction has been heartwarming" really show how out of touch marvel seems to be right now. Civil War II has at best been received poorly, even most people who are enjoying the story, can't manage to say it's great. It just makes me wonder what happened to Bendis as a writer, he was at one time my absolute favorite and I would pick up any book he was involved in, now it seems like he writes mediocre to bad stories and acts like fans love it. However his sales figures speak for themselves, so it doesn't really matter how upset some fans are as long as he sells Marvel will put him on event books.

I would be worried about the delay causing some of the solicitations and books from the relaunch in October spoiling the ending, but that is par for the course with Marvel Events. At least the status quo's will only last for a few months before we will have the All New Most Different All Newest Most Different Marvel Now at the end of next year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebolt1967 View Post
    Response has been heartwarming? Bendis needs to get out more often as most reviews for the series have not been good. I liked #0 and #1 but things started to drag (predictably) afterwards. Haven't read #4 yet so hopefully it gets better. But, it's good form to get readers to invest in the first four issues of a big event, at $5 per issue, and then decide to add another issue to the event. That's apparently a good business model for Marvel so kudos to them. You know, an event can be told in even fewer issues if there are fewer panels devoted to people sitting around talking about irrelevant things or by having more panels on each page. Just sayin'...
    I'm not sure if you want to read issue 4 because that's when Civil War 2 becomes absolutely awful. #3 was just touch it while #4 is when it comes crashing down. I don't know if you've seen that page where they put the characters on the left and right side. It was really bad we had Riri Williams before she met Iron Man in his series on Iron Man's. Nighrcrawler on Iron Man's side when in Civil War X-Men he's for using Ulysses to change future. So I don't know how he's against using Ulysses in the main series. Ugh, headaches. We also had Kitty Pryde wearing some Cable 90s costume with the shoulder brace and some weird stuff going on her legs. Can someone show that awful ending page that made no sense? It was God awful and Captain Marvel's favorite line "we save lives" just keep on coming up every time she talks. Bendis is making her talk like a robot, lol. It's terrible at this point.