Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    The only thing that truely surprised me was the statement about how he for years wanted it to be a eternal running story like DC/Marvel properties. I always thought he intended to end it at some point. That's the only reason I've followed it all these years as opposed to Marvel/DC comics. The stakes actually felt real and not something to be retconned or rebooted every few years to "keep things fresh".

I think this is one of the best things about Invincible.
    https://youtu.be/-3v8PgAZCAk Check out this review of The Walking Dead #156!

Quote Originally Posted by Slateboard View Post
    What is this trap they all fall into?

I can honestly say I'm not too familiar with this.
    What trap? Invincible is the only Superhero book that actually had progression and consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf1984 View Post
    I don't think Kirkman is going to end TWD anytime soon. It's his greatest success. Even causal audiences know who his characters are. Alot of indie creators WISH they had that level of success.
    Yeah but its trite as hell. I mean how many times can he do the "go to war with enemy community" thing?

The stakes actually felt real and not something to be retconned or rebooted every few years to "keep things fresh".
    Remind me again what happened with Conquest?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Thumbs up for a superhero series with an actual conclusion, instead of just another reboot. This is a major progress for this industry and I hope other creators realize the creative positives of having a legitimate ending to their stories. We need more conclusions and less cannibalizing of our creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    Yeah but its trite as hell. I mean how many times can he do the "go to war with enemy community" thing?
    Well if you look at our world history, you'll noticed references to World WarI and World War II. So I guess to answer your question....twice. The third time would likely be the end.

BANNED

Sad news... i wish it continued forever but i would like to see a good ending to such a great series too rather than see it draged out and rebooted and relounched and rebooted and relounched again and again and again... like DC and Marvel does to their never ending core titles...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slateboard View Post
    What is this trap they all fall into?

I can honestly say I'm not too familiar with this.
    He means that they start to lose steam creatively and continuity errors start cropping up. Case in point Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden novels. A book series I used to love but now can't stand, because of story arcs that go nowhere or are abandoned for no apparent reason, recycling the same themes over and over again etc.

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post
    Invincible is the only Superhero book that actually had progression and consequences.
    That is not anywhere close to being true.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Can't believe how negative some feel towards Invincible.

While I also appreciate the ending, something that should have happened to Spidey with issue 50, or whatever Ditko planned, I am still sad somehow.
    In any case, still one year to go, and than I have high hopes for Ottley to take over a great title which exposes him to a wider audience he deserves so very much.

This is about maybe three or so years too late. Invincible has been the most unintentionally hilarious superhero book coming out for a long while now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That is not anywhere close to being true.
    Yeah, i follow Batman and it has progression and consequences as long as same creative team goes on... but the next creative team after them can totally ignore what they did... this is a diffrent story.

Incredible Member

This is a crushing blow for me. Invincible is the reason I kept reading comics past my teen years and into my early 30s.

The only thing that truely surprised me was the statement about how he for years wanted it to be a eternal running story like DC/Marvel properties. I always thought he intended to end it at some point. That's the only reason I've followed it all these years as opposed to Marvel/DC comics. The stakes actually felt real and not something to be retconned or rebooted every few years to "keep things fresh".
    I didn't mind stakes were real. The problem is kirkman didn't know when not take it to far.

I always hate to see a fun read leave the rack. It really has a lot of life left in it. But unlike so many series from the big two we have seen this character move from being a teen into a working adult with family. No relaunches or broken continuity. What if super heroes aged and moved forward in their life? In some ways, it makes sense that we would see an end to the story at least for now. It's sad no one was ready to take up the creative reigns for the title though to carry on. It's also one reason I am bothered every time I read that Marvel or DC has signed a comic book creator to an exclusive contract lately as it feels like the talent pool for the indie comics is being raided and locked up in a closet.

I will miss it.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?