Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

DickxBabs is really dependant on the Bludhaven-Oracle days which was guided by few hands, it does not work because 1) Dick as a City Hero has been tried twice and both had him wiggling away from death before moving onto greater stories in Batman & Robin or a more interesting concept in being a mobile hero from Grayson.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The ending kind of implies that they still went into his apartment and screwed each other's brains out, though.
    YJ Dick slept with literally everybody tho

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Yep. And then he slept with Babs.

Weisman was being pretty transparent about them being "endgame" even if neither one of them was ready to commit yet. Hence the "You're not ready for me yet." Doesn't mean they couldn't have fun in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Including Bruce and Tim?

Mighty Member

I wanted a hilarious sub plot where Dick ended up being Rockets baby daddy. For no reason but to hilarity in him and Babs relationship. Like she was ready for him and he still being a player.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yep. And then he slept with Babs.

Weisman was being pretty transparent about them being "endgame" even if neither one of them was ready to commit yet. Hence the "You're not ready for me yet." Doesn't mean they couldn't have fun in the meantime.
    That's how I generally view their relationship in comics and other mediums. They can be with other people but their relationship should be saved as a sort of endgame. In the meantime I don't care who they see.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

When I read the title, I thought it was referring to Nightwing and Starfire. Real disappointed that DC has no respect for that relationship. I'm glad Batgirl is distancing herself from Dick.

Dick/Kory are endgame. Barbara is just a fling.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I was about to say something similar. Dick and Babs haven't actually dated since Chuck Dixon left Nightwing and Devin Grayson broke them up. Most writers seem to be gun shy about actually showing a relationship develope when they can instead just drag out the same tension over and over again.
    It doesn't help that Dan Didio pretty much banned the entire concept of lasting healthy relationships.

BANNED

Kori and Dick are one of my favorite comics couples. I really want to see that become a thing again, and since Dick/Babs would prevent that from happening I'll be happy to see any chance of them being romantically involved torched.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Or it may not have. Because there's really nothing in the article to really suggest that their relationship has actually been dissolved. This isn't the first "philosophical difference" they've had or the first time they've screamed at each other and walked away mad. That aside . . . Dick and Babs aren't really one of DC's "longest relationships" either.
    Yeah. I'm of the generation where Babs was at least seven years older than Dick, he had a crush on her and she sometimes flirted with him but considered him just a kid, whereas Dicks one true love was Kory.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Clickbait is clickbait. This headline already kinda counts (for reasons already given), but the tweet linking to this is 100% clickbait.

It was a small fight. Dick and Barbara have had those before, you know? Like, oh I dunno, every couple ever that's healthy? What makes this fight something that they can't recover from? I mean, he faked his death to her and they got over that, so... yeah.

Oh, and if it WASN'T clickbait, nice job spoiling by even giving the actual series and a picture of the character.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That's how I generally view their relationship in comics and other mediums. They can be with other people but their relationship should be saved as a sort of endgame. In the meantime I don't care who they see.
    The issue is that comics never have an endgame, so I'd rather they stop pretending there will be.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Sure, but they screwed each other's brains out as friends. Talk about tease.
    And let's not forget that the same issue starts with Bette walking out've his bedroom first thing in the morning. Dude got around. In fact, I think that same issue suggested he had previously been with Rocket as well.

Dick can do better
    The J-man

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    The issue is that comics never have an endgame, so I'd rather they stop pretending there will be.
    But at the same time, if either one of them gets into another relationship, we all know it won't last when "Status Quo is God" inevitably kicks in, so who even wants to waste time getting invested?