Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Can't wait until The main Peter Parker is killed and this guy replaces him.

This.

Hurry up marvel and pull a Lois and Clark, difference is this ones the same age as the moron Prime Parker so he could assume his life easier.

For the first time in 20 yrs I've dropped amazing, this is the Parker I want to read, Miles fills the young Spider-Man role now and that book is freaking dull.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Pretty awesome costumes. Would have preferred black to white for MJ as it would be a classic homage to her iconic Face it Tiger! civilian clothes, but the white does look elegant and sexy.

Annie's suit is adorable and I love the inspiration behind the extra padding.
    Black themed costume would be too "ordinary". True it would be black/red but since black were the dominating colour it would remind most readers of the standard black suit worn by Anya (currently) and Julia.
    Last edited by newy; 08-18-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Yes, I'll be buying this, thanks.

BANNED

Not all that keen on the costumes, still hyped for this book though.

Can't wait for this to come out. It's been a long time since I found Peter Parker to be a likable, enjoyable character. Renew Your Vows was the first time I genuinely enjoyed a Spider-Man comic. After Secret Wars, it felt like the worst kind of trolling, just teasing something that had the potential to be so great. I'm glad Renew Your Vows is following the same path as X-men 92, becoming an ongoing to provide a badly-needed alternative from the bland, predictable mainline comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

From a visual design POV: Meh. It's cute how Annie's armor is kinda of reminiscent of Peter's own Ends Of The Earth outfit, but that's about it.
    From story concept POV where MJ has powers also? It's definitely different to what we've seen before, but a literal Spider-Family book where everyone fights crime or whatever isn't my thing.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    From story concept POV where MJ has powers also?
    Since this is supposed to be a world where the Parkers never made a deal with Mephisto instead of the Battleworld, maybe this world's MJ kept her powers from Spider-Island?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Does RYV MJ have powers? I didn't miss that announcement, did I? Because otherwise she's just wearing a costume.

Spectacular Member

Roleplaying

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's what was said of Miles.
    Much of Miles's cast was able to join him, since these were mostly new characters. It still led to major tradeoffs with the loss of Gwen and Jessica.

These versions of Peter and MJ would have a different relationship with the people around them than the current versions.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Much of Miles's cast was able to join him, since these were mostly new characters. It still led to major tradeoffs with the loss of Gwen and Jessica.

These versions of Peter and MJ would have a different relationship with the people around them than the current versions.
    Miles has his family, which is exactly the same as the situation of replacing the current Peter with RYV's Peter and his family. The only other member of Miles' cast that comes to mind is Ganke.

Additionally, that they would have different relationships is no different from this thread's comparisons between RYV's Parker family with DC using the Pre-Flashpoint iterations of Lois and Clark, and the death of the New 52 Superman, and Jackraow21 was specifically citing Old Man Logan, who also has different relationships than those who knew the "main" Wolverine.

Incidentally, according to the July sales, Superman #3 actually sold better than Amazing Spider-Man #15. While Action Comics #959 and 960 sold less than ASM, they still sold fairly well, outselling even Black Panther, Captain America: Steve Rogers, and Spider-Man/Deadpool. Old Man Logan is behind all of those, yet still outsold Amazing Spider-Man #1.6, Spider-Gwen, and Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Miles has his family, which is exactly the same as the situation of replacing the current Peter with RYV's Peter and his family. The only other member of Miles' cast that comes to mind is Ganke.
    There's also Bombshell and Judge, his old roommate who knows he's Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's also Bombshell and Judge, his old roommate who knows he's Spider-Man.
    Ah, thank you.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 08-19-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    sketch or Layouts
    Why is the Tortoise in the middle panel smoking a Blunt? Is it Medicinal? Will He share with His friends? Inquiring Mimes want to know!
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Annie's looks dope. Nice thrown together look without being really cheap, nice safety stuff that I could buy Peter making her use.

MJ's... legs are too bland. Actually, most of the costume is, due to the empty whiteness. Shoes are... ew. NOT something even a normal superhero would wear, let alone a fashion model. Unless she's TRYING to throw people off her scent by wearing such ugly shoes.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force