Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    sad to say I fear what you say is true but I am of the opinion if they went the 90's route it would be a bigger hit money wise because of the nostalgia factor.
    I agree. If they had a solid writer who cared about the properties (which they do), but married it with an art style more reminiscent of the '90's, I think it would be a great combination. At least, I would be excited to buy that, and yes nostalgia would play a part, but it would be a fun ride.
    Pull list:

Nova (Marvel); Wild Storm (DC); Fathom (Aspen); Soul Fire (Aspen); Spawn (Image); Savage Dragon (Image); Back to the Future (IDW); Power of the Dark Crystal (Boom!); X-O Manowar (Valiant)

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    i always gravitated towards the extreme studios stuff. youngblood, supreme, glory. when alan moore took over supreme i thought i had won some sort of lottery. and then with the formation of awesome, alan moore on supreme AND youngblood AND glory, man. good stuff.

i was excited to hear about liefeld's plan to put out new extreme content. he did this back in 2012, i believe, with new youngblood issues and total reinventions of prophet and glory.
    I am collecting all of the Extreme Studios output right now. I have made it from their inception in 1992 through the end of 1995 so far. Their books were filled with so much color and energy, I think they still look great today. I got to meet Marat Mychaels at a con last year and he signed my copy of Brigade #1. He was really great to talk to. Very patient and laid back and took time to answer all my questions about those good old days. Looking forward to completing the set and then moving on to Top Cow.
    Pull list:

Nova (Marvel); Wild Storm (DC); Fathom (Aspen); Soul Fire (Aspen); Spawn (Image); Savage Dragon (Image); Back to the Future (IDW); Power of the Dark Crystal (Boom!); X-O Manowar (Valiant)