Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    She-Spawn? Really?
    She was in like, 2 issues...
    What issue numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Does anyone remember Trencher by Keith Giffen? That was a hilarious book. I started reading comics in the 90s and two of the books which grabbed my attention were Savage Dragon and Spawn. They were quite different from what I'd read up that point. I couldn't get into Liefeld's work but it's a shame that early Image (and the 90s as a whole) gets bashed because of one style.
    Funny, I am reading through all of the Extreme books in chronological order and Trencher advertisements are plastered everywhere in those early issues. Looks interesting, especially the art style. I will be making my way over to that series in due time. Looking forward to it!

Trencher was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    So, who here was actually buying Image back in the early 90's upon launch? I waited until a couple of months in because me and a friend weren't so sure they were going to last, but right around the 5 month mark I began hunting down the older issues (which were hard to find, actually) and slowly built up the collection. I remember some of the great cartoons Image had back then such as Savage Dragon and then eventually the HBO Spawn series, which was amazing. Man, I totally loved Image back then and I miss those days of collecting.
    *raises hand* i was in like 7th or 8th grade when image was launching, god so much fun to be a comic fan at the time even though most of it was spent waiting for image books to come out. christ remember the wait for wetworks??

Does anyone remember Trencher by Keith Giffen? That was a hilarious book. I started reading comics in the 90s and two of the books which grabbed my attention were Savage Dragon and Spawn. They were quite different from what I'd read up that point. I couldn't get into Liefeld's work but it's a shame that early Image (and the 90s as a whole) gets bashed because of one style.
    i remember enjoying it and the art style but not much else.

such an xciting time to be a comic fan, however the quality of writing and diversity of art styles at image today is much better. i'll never forget those days though.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Also, what happened to the new Maxx series? I remembered hearing about it a while back but lost track of it.

IDW have been re releasing The Maxx. Not sure about any new work, though.

Still winning!

The thing that makes a big downer for me is that there are so many unfinished titles. I recently talked with a guy who owned a huge number of 90s Image titles and the number of cancelled titles were staggering. At the time, they were cool because they were fresh and seemed to have potential. But if you pick up one of those titles now, it's hard to get into because you know the story won't have a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by JFP View Post
    The thing that makes a big downer for me is that there are so many unfinished titles. I recently talked with a guy who owned a huge number of 90s Image titles and the number of cancelled titles were staggering. At the time, they were cool because they were fresh and seemed to have potential. But if you pick up one of those titles now, it's hard to get into because you know the story won't have a conclusion.
    In HS, I started looking more at indie/creator-owned titles. I heard about a series called Tribe by Larry Stromann. I think it is the most successful Black created and owned comic to date but it only had two issues. Have you read that book?

In HS, I started looking more at indie/creator-owned titles. I heard about a series called Tribe by Larry Stromann. I think it is the most successful Black created and owned comic to date but it only had two issues. Have you read that book?
    Actually Tribe was 4 issues. One issue from Image and two from Axis (https://americancomicbooks.info/Imag...Tribe_1993.htm), and after that a #0 from Good Comics (https://americancomicbooks.info/Good...Tribe_1996.htm)

Still winning!

Haven't read it yet. Was it finished?

Quote Originally Posted by JFP View Post
    Haven't read it yet. Was it finished?
    From what I know, it wasn't.

I've started recollecting a lot of the old Image Titles ( Youngblood, Team Youngblood, Supreme, Gen 13, Backlash, Stormwatch and the like)
    best thing is I can pick them up for cheap and the art is nice. Some stories still hold up , some not so much, but it's cheaper than what's coming out now. I live in Canada and the exchange rate is killing me, I'm gonna collect this for awhile I think.

Wildstorm relaunch coming in February! (Followed by Wild C.A.T.S. and Zealot over the following months.)

Relaunches of Fathom and Soul Fire in January!

Youngblood relaunch coming in April!

I will be subscribing to them all.
    Pull list:

Nova (Marvel); Wild Storm (DC); Fathom (Aspen); Soul Fire (Aspen); Spawn (Image); Savage Dragon (Image); Back to the Future (IDW); Power of the Dark Crystal (Boom!); X-O Manowar (Valiant)

Liefeld putting out an Extreme anthology title at Image.

Ill check it out if its new creators putting a different spin on the characters ala Prophet & Glory.
    No interest in a book by Liefeld himself.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

How is Wild C.A.T.S doing these days? Is it any similar to the comic from the '90s?