Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Being a bit ‘behind’ as I stick to Marvel Unlimited, there are probably gems I’m not aware of, but I love the below, rather low-selling books, and hope that more people will open their eyes to them:

Vision
    Spider-Woman
    Silver Surfer
    Scarlet Witch
    Captain America Sam Wilson
    Astonishing Ant-Man

Oh, and I really miss Superior Foes of Spider-Man! Too bad it’s no longer around!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post

Sell Me Ultimates
    I was really put off by the we're making Galactus a good guy concept. It just sounded like a bad idea, even with Ewing helming.
    It is very high concept, science fiction stuff dealing with HUGE ideas and abstract concepts about the universe. They didn't necessarily change him to a good guy but just changed his purpose and nature.

Right now its dealing with CWII stuff so they are on earth but even then, Ewing had time to squeeze in a one issue story about the same science fiction stuff. THey are heading back to space after CW.

Plus the art is gorgeous

Also, MAC just hit Carol in the face with a chair if that is more your kind of thing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

world that hates & fears trudreck's Avatar

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE
    i frankly always thought laura was a bit of a mess of a character. i'd always wished she could come across a bit more like she did in the cartoon series she originates from - ALL-NEW WOLVERINE pulls that off wonderfully! instead of wallowing in the characters dark & sordid back story (seriously, logan has a pretty traumatic history, too ... but his comics are still always fun & exciting. X-23 often languished in tragedy.) ALL-NEW WOLVERINE tells a very fun, very MARVEL universe story (unexpected cameos from doctor strange & the wasp are delightful) that deals with the superhero legacy concept in a really fun and fresh way - what if the hero whose mantel you've been handed isn't exactly a great role model? what if you try too hard to be 'the best there is' when the best was kind of a selfish, reckless a-hole? throw in some classic X-melodramatic romance between the all-new wolverine & the time displaced angel, and man, you got one of the most consistently enjoyable marvel comics of the year.
    ''IT WAS A NICE PIECE OF WORK ... YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED IT.''

Quote Originally Posted by trudreck View Post
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE
    i frankly always thought laura was a bit of a mess of a character. i'd always wished she could come across a bit more like she did in the cartoon series she originates from - ALL-NEW WOLVERINE pulls that off wonderfully! instead of wallowing in the characters dark & sordid back story (seriously, logan has a pretty traumatic history, too ... but his comics are still always fun & exciting. X-23 often languished in tragedy.) ALL-NEW WOLVERINE tells a very fun, very MARVEL universe story (unexpected cameos from doctor strange & the wasp are delightful) that deals with the superhero legacy concept in a really fun and fresh way - what if the hero whose mantel you've been handed isn't exactly a great role model? what if you try too hard to be 'the best there is' when the best was kind of a selfish, reckless a-hole? throw in some classic X-melodramatic romance between the all-new wolverine & the time displaced angel, and man, you got one of the most consistently enjoyable marvel comics of the year.
    I agree, All New Wolverine is a very enjoyable comic, though I have to admit I’ve only read the first few issues through Marvel Unlimited. Before I started reading it I was very sceptical and thought I wouldn’t like it, but to my surprise I found it to be a very good read. The reason I didn’t put it on my list, was that the book isn’t actually very low-selling though, but of course it would be nice if more people got aware of it!

Mighty Member

I will second "the Ultimates". If not for "the Vision", I would say "the Ultiimates" was the smartest thing Marvel had going right now.

Ewing mixes the ambitious concept writing of the 70s with the readability of a modern comic. The focus is on the use of power, which is generally what superhero comics need to be about.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/