Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

How do you change your avatar?

Finally read it. Great issue overall, art if beautiful, lots of good plot developments, good character interaction. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    How do you change your avatar?
    Just like before. Click settings.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 04-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.

I feel like Stephanie's mother is setting her up for her father to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    ...I just realized that those were both Layman villains, and he wrote the issue. Damn, I'm slow today.
    Yeah I didn't recognize it either. Must've been because of the art.

BANNED

Honestly, I didn't like it quite as much as the previous issues, but it was all right. It seemed like more of a buffer issue, with few revelations or twists, other than Stephanie's mom being as wonderful a parent as her father. Batman spent the most of the issue dealing with Babs' rage issue and the "Gordon in prison" scene seemed a little too on the nose.

Babs looks great in Nguyen art.

I was expecting Barbara to counter Bruce's points with his reaction after Damien's death (of course, getting killed and being a Jail are not the same...then again, the hairy dude did say that cops in Gen-Pop don't have a very high survival rate).

Jurassicalien

I loved the art of Dustin Nguyen in this, and was glad to see Falcone no longer wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt. But other then that this issue felt...I don't know. I'm wanting to love this series, but I feel like we're seeing the problem of doing a weekly series that constraints on one character instead of a bunch. Something like Fifty-Two was able to have issues that jump from Booster to Question, here or there, kind of like Game of Thrones, a bunch of characters to jump around to so it keeps momentum going. But with one character, it feels a little like going circles, like "Hey Batman, find any clues yet?" "Nope!" "Okay, well keep looking, see ya next week." Also I get Barbra is POed. But her taking it out on Bruce, the world's GREATEST DETECTIVE seems...a little out of character, like this is the point she'd reach after he's failed a number of times, her breaking point, not right away... but I do hope we see Gordon have a "You're locked in here with me!" moment...that'd be great.

I'm going to keep reading, I trust these writers, and I don't hate it, but it hasn't quite gelled yet.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I was expecting Barbara to counter Bruce's points with his reaction after Damien's death (of course, getting killed and being a Jail are not the same...then again, the hairy dude did say that cops in Gen-Pop don't have a very high survival rate).
    She kind of implied it by saying something to the effect of, "You're one to talk!" Readers in the know understand what she means, while new readers are not burdened by having to understand a) who Damian is, b) that Damian died and c) that Batman became Anakin Skywalker for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    Honestly, I didn't like it quite as much as the previous issues, but it was all right. It seemed like more of a buffer issue, with few revelations or twists, other than Stephanie's mom being as wonderful a parent as her father. Batman spent the most of the issue dealing with Babs' rage issue and the "Gordon in prison" scene seemed a little too on the nose.

Babs looks great in Nguyen art.
    Issues 4-7 are all going to be set up issues that help each individual writer lay the ground work for their various sub-plots.

BANNED

Is Catwoman in it?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Is Catwoman in it?
    Not this issue, no. She'll be showing up again soon though.

Extraordinary Member

I am going to have to get used to the rotating artists. I only saw Fabok on the cover and did not look at the name for the interior artist but it was a great surprise. The time given to so many different characters in this story makes up for the slower pace and brief time spent on each individual story. It is a real shame Layman decided to focus on Chew (well, except that it means Chew should come out better) because I really like his writing on Batman.

Astonishing Member

You can really tell the script was done by Layman by the namedropping of all the villains from his Detective run.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Is Catwoman in it?
    No. They'll probably play her being Falcone's daughter in the double digit issues.

well new forum, new discussions

I have to say that I enjoyed the art more than anything else in this book

the plot moving way to slow, I was expecting much more from the side of Falcone and Steph and didnt gave a F*** about the other part of the book

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    You can really tell the script was done by Layman by the namedropping of all the villains from his Detective run.
    I agree, is almost like his fingerprints

also, your name is Bruce Wayne, well played

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    Yeah. It was all right, but mostly felt like it was marking time and rearranging the pieces for the next major development. Even Babs' anger and conflict with Bruce didn't amount to very much, and had a distinct "paint-by-numbers" feel to it. I also agree with other posters that Layman missed a couple of opportunities to at least nod to other aspects of the Bat Mythos.

As much as I like Batman I was a bit skeptical about adding a weekly to the pull list but damn if this hasn't turned into my favorite Bat title right now. All four issues so far have been incredibly solid and I really like the mix of older and newer characters.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators