Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lana Lang Appreciation!

A character from from the Superman superverse that's worth mentioning here too.
    One of my favorite characters is Lana Lang.
    IMHO she was a very important character in the Superman mythos.
    Really liked Annette O'Toole as Lana Lang in Superman III.

Lanalang-superman3.jpg

Also, IMHO Annette and Christopher Reeve had wonderful onscreen chemistry too.
    Lana also appeared as a rival to Lois in the early DC comics for Superman's affections.
    She also appeared in the Superboy TV series as well.
    Who's your favorite Lana Lang? And what do you think about her?
    Me?
    Annette O'Toole is my favorite Lana Lang from the film Superman III.
    I think she's a very warm hearted person, soft hearted too and also strong when she needs to be.
    Found Superman's secret (in some of the earlier Superman stories) and become a very close friend to him after being his teenage girlfriend.
    And in some comics his girlfriend too.
    Last edited by Lois; 06-30-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Stacy Haiduk as Lana Lang from the Superboy TV series.

Been watching some episodes from the Superboy TV series on DVD.
    And her portrayal of Lana Lang I also really like.

Kristen Kreuk as Lana Lang from the Smallville TV series.

smallville-kristin-kreuk.jpg

Liked her too as Lana Lang.
    And especially liked her portrayal of Lana in the first season of Smallville.
    Interesting to note that this Lana Lang was a brunette rather than the redhead a lot of Superman fans are familiar with.
    Women do change their minds about hair color! LOL
    Last edited by Lois; 06-30-2014 at 08:05 AM.

She is so friggin awesome in Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She is so friggin awesome in Action Comics.
    Is that from the current Actions Comics?
    Or from the earlier Superman comics that I've mentioned in this thread.
    Last edited by Lois; 06-30-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Lana Lang and Lois Lane together in Superman III.

SMIII.jpg

This is where Lois finds out that Clark has given Lana a diamond ring.
    And Superman created that diamond ring for Lana in the movie. <BIG GRIN>

And from from the current Smallville comic.

smallville-lana-lang.jpg

Like Lana Lang in this one.
    Getting some comics from a friend who has the Smallville comics.
    Hope I'm correct that this image in from that series.

From Superman TAS
    The episode is one of my favorites from the animated series.
    Last Son of Krypton.
    The animation in this series IMHO is super!
    lana.superman.lastsonofkrypton.jpg

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Action Comics is teaching me a whole new love for Lana Lang.

I'll confess, I don't remember any other version of this character that I considered really special in any meaningful way, but Pak is just KILLING IT with her right now. I want to see her and Diana exchange that "fist bump," dammit!

Seeing her teaming up with Steel is also most welcome. I almost wonder if that teamup may be laying the groundwork for Lana becoming a more prominent character in the New 52. She's already proven she's a freaking genius with electronics. Maybe she and Steel can team up and start a company together? Or maybe they can build her a suit and she can become a hero in her own right?

But yeah, loving Lana right now.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Pak's Action Comics is teaching me that if you give Lana Lang enough traditionally Lois Lane traits, it's astonishing how many people will love her. Pak's Lana also makes me appreciate the time when Superman's mythology included many different representations of modern femininity instead of reducing depictions of female characters into a small set of cliche stereotypes. I appreciate Lana most when she represents the romantic/nurturer archetype. Diana is the warrior, Lois is the tomboy adventurer, Cat Grant is the gossipy socialite, and Lana is the graceful, sweet, nurturer.

My favorite Lana Lang is O'Toole's from Superman III. I also enjoy New 52 Lana when she's enthusiastic about altruism through engineering and serving as Clark's confidant. I could do without the redundant witty adventurer bits that hew too close to classic Lois tropes, however. Despite her flaws, Kreuk's Lana from Smallville remains the most fascinating version of the character. At her core, she played the ideal foil for many of the show's lead characters. Pak's Lana has yet to be written with any close to the same compelling complexity. She's fun to read but not very interesting.

Lana is my second favorite lady in Superman's mythology. I'd love to see her appear in the rumored Man of Steel 2 a few years from now.

Amazing Member

I adore Lana, always have.

One of my favorite things about Lana is that she has so many incarnations... girl reporter, anchor person, divorced single mom, model/fashion designer, wife of the vice president, head of Lexcorp, and now ready to rumble electrical engineer. And wasnt she an archaeologist? Or was that her dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Action Comics is teaching me a whole new love for Lana Lang.

I'll confess, I don't remember any other version of this character that I considered really special in any meaningful way, but Pak is just KILLING IT with her right now. I want to see her and Diana exchange that "fist bump," dammit!

Seeing her teaming up with Steel is also most welcome. I almost wonder if that teamup may be laying the groundwork for Lana becoming a more prominent character in the New 52. She's already proven she's a freaking genius with electronics. Maybe she and Steel can team up and start a company together? Or maybe they can build her a suit and she can become a hero in her own right?

But yeah, loving Lana right now.
    Just started reading some of the comics from the New 52.
    A friend has gotten a whole bunch for me to take a look at.
    Glad your loving Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Pak's Action Comics is teaching me that if you give Lana Lang enough traditionally Lois Lane traits, it's astonishing how many people will love her. Pak's Lana also makes me appreciate the time when Superman's mythology included many different representations of modern femininity instead of reducing depictions of female characters into a small set of cliche stereotypes. I appreciate Lana most when she represents the romantic/nurturer archetype. Diana is the warrior, Lois is the tomboy adventurer, Cat Grant is the gossipy socialite, and Lana is the graceful, sweet, nurturer.

My favorite Lana Lang is O'Toole's from Superman III. I also enjoy New 52 Lana when she's enthusiastic about altruism through engineering and serving as Clark's confidant. I could do without the redundant witty adventurer bits that hew too close to classic Lois tropes, however. Despite her flaws, Kreuk's Lana from Smallville remains the most fascinating version of the character. At her core, she played the ideal foil for many of the show's lead characters. Pak's Lana has yet to be written with any close to the same compelling complexity. She's fun to read but not very interesting.

Lana is my second favorite lady in Superman's mythology. I'd love to see her appear in the rumored Man of Steel 2 a few years from now.
    Interesting take on how Pak's action comics is handling the Lana Lang character.
    Lana is also my second favorite lady in Superman's mythology.
    I too would love to see her in the rumored Man of Steel 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dianalela7 View Post
    I adore Lana, always have.

One of my favorite things about Lana is that she has so many incarnations... girl reporter, anchor person, divorced single mom, model/fashion designer, wife of the vice president, head of Lexcorp, and now ready to rumble electrical engineer. And wasnt she an archaeologist? Or was that her dad?
    100% agree about your favorite things about Lana.
    Think her dad was the archaeologist.
    Also, I've got a VHS tape of the proposed Superboy TV series from the 50's.

And here's Annette O'Toole who also portrayed Martha Kent in Smallville.
    Enjoyed her very much in that role too.
    Would like to also see perhaps in a cameo in the proposed Man of Steel 2 film.

Here's a fairly recent photo of her.

Annette-O-Toole.jpg
    Last edited by Lois; 06-30-2014 at 08:36 PM.